Ch. 39: Lunch

And you thought everything was going to be much more peaceful after finding Furlan.

Well, remeber that woman who almost got her way with Levi by tying him to her bed?

Apparently, she was released on bail.

"What?! That woman." you almost shout, as you read the morning newspaper.

You look at Levi sitting across from you at the dining table. His eyes glances at you above the rim of his cup,as he sips his morning tea.

That's how society works, if you have the money, if you have power, you can get away with almost anything.

At this moment, Furlan is resting at the hospital and will be taken care of over there for a week. Since they need to make assessments for any physical or mental injuries that he may have encountered during his captivity. The schedule both you and Levi planned was visit Furlan in the morning when you have time. Then visit him before dinner with Levi.

For a week, starting from today, it's just you and Levi at home.

And you know Levi is enjoying every minute as he's able to spend some alone time with his wife.

You stand in front of the fire stove making breakfast, as well as preparing a lunch box for Furlan for him to eat in the afternoon.

You hear the click of his boots behind you, then feel his hands slip under your apron and wraps his arms around your waist. Levi rests his head on your shoulder, and sighs, "Making a lunchbox for Furlan?" he asks.

"Yup." you reply happily as you lay food into the small lunchbox.

"How about me?" Levi asks as he nuzzles his head against your neck, and kisses you lightly of the side of your neck. Making you squirm a bit as you try to stay focus on your task.

"I'll make you one later." you say, packing the lunchbox in a cloth bundle. Then move on to lay out the breakfast for the both on you on the plates. Levi slips his hands from under your apron and takes the plates from your hands as you stroll behind him to sit down at the dining table across from him. Enjoying each others company as you ate breakfast together.

"_____, can you drop off my lunchbox at my office? I have an early meeting today." Levi says, as he finishes eating breakfast, cleans up his own plate and utensils, before grabbing his jacket from the back of his chair and puts it on.

"Sure. Will you be there, when I come over? I don't want your food to get cold." you ask, taking a sip of your glass of milk. Wiping your milk mustache with a napkin as you stand up.

Levi walks toward the door, as you follow behind him.

Before opening the door, Levi says,
"I'll wait for you."

You smile at him, and wait for him go out. But Levi doesn't move and looks back at you, facing his body towards you.

"Where's my goodbye kiss?" he asks.

You chuckle as you were reminded of the time he asked for one before you became his wife.

You grab the flaps of his jacket, pulling him towards you as you give him a loving kiss on the lips.

"Before I met you. I've always told myself, that if I ever made a family.....I will show my future wife how much I love her." Levi says after your lips parted his.

"And you as my wife." Levi says leaning his forehead against yours.

"Whether through a simple hug." Levi says, as he wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you into his embrace.