Chapter 19 - Juniors - Seniors Ball Part 2

I've been walking back and forth in my living room. It's already six o'clock in the evening and yet Maymay and Pat haven't gotten back to their apartment from the salon. The Ball will start in two hours.

I accompanied them in their decor shopping earlier in the day. After that, I had lunch with them before I did my errand. I also gave the supplies to the Ball committee as Pat asked me to.

I wonder why Maymay needs to do some enhancements on her appearance. She's beautiful enough that she catches everyone's attention. Like what had happened in the food court at lunch. She's very oblivious to the unwanted attention she always gets.

We found a vacant table near a group of men, probably yuppies, that kept on looking at her. She didn't notice. To discourage whatever they had in mind, I put my arm on her shoulder. She just looked at me and shrugged and went on to the conversation she was having with Pat. Her features were exaggerated as she demonstrated what she was telling with her hands. In short, she was fascinating to watch. And I was not the only one who thought of that.

I tried to glare at the men but Maymay kept on including me in their conversation. She would hold my cheek with her hand and made me face them. I gave up trying to scare the men off and talked to them. But I didn't remove my arm on her shoulder. In fact, I pulled her closer to me she was inches away from sitting on my lap.

Hmmm...maybe I should've thought of that. More effective.

I hear the apartment next door opens. They're here. I text Pat if they can be ready in an hour so that we can have dinner before the Ball. Pat replies 'yes'. I still have an hour to wait before I knock on their front door.

The errand was the flower shop. I ordered the corsages for the girls and a bouquet of flowers for Maymay. Pat said Maymay's gown is a muted blue strapless gown so I asked the florist to make something that would match that. And I personally made a reservation at the restaurant we're going to have our dinner. It's not really a date because Pat is included but I think the occasion is special enough.

Pat texts me that they're ready. Good. We need at least ten minutes to drive to the restaurant. They got ready for just thirty minutes. I go to their apartment and knock.

"Edward, pasok ka." Pat opens the door for me. I give Pat her corsage and the bouquet for Maymay.

"Where's May?"

"Here!"

I look at the direction of her voice and see her walking down the stairs.

Wow!

I keep on staring at her until she reaches the landing. Her hair is let down but the layers and curls flatter and emphasize her small face. Her hair is secured and adorned with bejeweled hair clips above each ear. She has bangs that are swept to the right. Her new hair color gives her a more spunky vibe - bold, daring, than her usual quirky personality.

Her makeup is muted. Almost a dusting. It emphasizes, not covers. It brings out her best features - her eyes and her lips. Everything is in peach. Peach eyeshadow, peach blush, and peach lip color.

And the gown makes her look like a princess. The absence of sleeves shows off her smooth skin, graceful shoulders, and slender arms. The bodice fits her like a glove and the remaining part of the gown cascades like a waterfall from her waist to the floor.

"Hoy! okay ka lang?" She laughingly asks but she's blushing. I can't take my eyes off her but I will my feet to move and go to her.

"I think so. May, you're so beautiful." She smiles and her cheeks get redder.

"Tama na, uy! Nakakahiya na."

Then and there, I want to kiss her. To envelop her in my arms and marry her so that she will be mine forever. WHAT?!! Edward, hold your horses.

"Here's your corsage. It matches your gown, I think." And I put the corsage around her wrist.

"Edward, ang ganda! Thank you."

"I have something for Pat as well. Oh, and the bouquet of flowers are for you. Pat put it in the vase already.

"Thank you, Edward!" She gives me a hug and kisses me on the cheek. She hold my hand and says, "Let's go?"

We arrive at the ball 30 minutes later than we should. Good thing the part where Maymay will crown the new JS Queen of the Night is towards the end of the program. We find our assigned seats and sit down.

The party or the dance rather is in full swing. I can even see my team mates on the dance floor. Pat is already asked by her now off-boyfriend to dance. I stand in front of Maymay and ask her,

"May, may I have this dance."

"Of course." And she puts her hand on mine as I pull her up and lead her to the not so lit part of the dance floor.

I pull her closer as she wraps her hands around my neck. She, then, leans her head on my chest. I put my chin on top of her head as we sway to the music.

I can feel her sharp, jagged breathing and erratic heartbeats which I'm sure mirror my own. She lifts her head and looks straight to my eyes. Her lips part, and as if on cue, I lower my head to meet hers.

Our first real kiss. Nothing is sweeter than this. Just meeting of the lips. I stop and look around to find a spot where no one can disturb us.

"Let's go." And we half-run to the secluded part of the balcony.

When we get there, we continue our kiss. She is leaning her back on the wall, and I am covering her from anyone that may see us. We lick and we devour each other's lips, paying no attention to our surroundings. Her hands are playing with my hair on my nape. My hands are on her waist, touching and caressing.

I only stop when I hear someone calling a halt to the dance to start the crowning of the King and Queen of the ball. I raise my head and look at Maymay. I see that aside from the state of her lips, all is intact.

"You need to retouch your lipstick. I think I ate it all."

We laugh. She fixes her lipstick and wipe off some on mine. After that, we go back to the ballroom, holding each other's hands with a secret smile on our lips.