Chapter 12 - Yesterday (think of Beatles' song)

It's been several days since Maymay last talked to me. Add the days after the 'bed incident.' Woah. Almost a week. I think I'm having withdrawal. Ang hirap pala. I didn't think that the girl's weirdness is one of the things I'll miss the most. And her penchant for food. And her ability to block everything and everyone when she needed to study. And her smiles and laughter. Her kisses that she always gave me reluctantly.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Are you saying that...

Ding! Ding! Ding! Eureka moment ba, Edward?

F*ck! This is not in my plan. I went here to get away from Jessica and concentrate on my studies.

Love is never planned. It strikes when you least expect it.

What should I do? I tried talking to her. I even bribed her with lasagna. And....wait...wait...wait a minute. I didn't do anything. In fact, she was the one who slept with me.

Technically, Edward...she just slept on your bed....where you were sleeping.

Same thing. Ginawa ko naman lahat. Nag-effort ako.

Have I not taught you right? Girls are complicated. They say one thing but they mean another. They get disappointed easily. You have to learn to read between the lines. And more importantly, they want grand gestures. Kaya nga abused na yung phrase na "sweep her off her feet," because it is what they want.

What about her walkout in soccer team's HQ?

Edward, you're a dumbass. Do you really think a girl wants to see her 'almost naked' boyfriend alone with another girl who was trying to get naked?! She didn't she your reaction because you were not facing the door. All she saw was that girl.

If we want to get technical, I am not her boyfriend. We are just pretending.

But the others didn't know. So, it looked like you were cheating on her. Even then, it's about respect.

But I didn't do anything! I was trying to get the girl in the locker off me!

As I said, she didn't know that. She just saw you in a compromised position with another girl.

Why is it always my fault?

My young padawan, haven't you learned? To have a peaceful relationship, always admit that you're at fault and apologize.

Are you sure you're my conscience? You're biased and you talk like a girl.

"No. I'm Pat. Hello, Edward."

"F*ck!" I fell off the chair. "Please don't do that again."

"Kumatok ako. Di ka sumasagot. Bukas yung pinto so pumasok na ko. Mukhang seryoso ka sa iniisip mo. Ang cute lang kase nagsasalita ka habang nag-iisip parang may tililing. Para kang si Maymay."

"Why are you here?"

"Eto, nag-bake si Maymay ng famous cupcake nya. Again. Peace offering daw. Pero binawasan ko ng dalawa yan kaya sampu na lang."

"Bakit ayaw nya ako kausapin?"

"Ay nga pala, merong letter kasama yan. In-explain niya kung bakit. Hay, talaga yang friend ko. Weird din mag-isip."

"She told you the reason?"

"Hindi. Binasa ko yung letter. Sige, Edward. Bye!"

Now I know why you and Maymay are friends.