Chapter 29 - Edward's Past.3

"Anong na-feel mo nung malaman mong di pala totoo yung pregnancy ni Jessica?"

"Di ba I already told you that I got so angry with Jessica..."

"Hindi yun, Babe...Yung baby, anong na-feel mo after mong nalaman? Well...Ano yung feeling nung nalaman mo at nung nalaman mo na wala pala. Ang gulo ng tanong ko!"

"No, Babe. I understand your question. Hmmm..."

We were walking back towards the villa. We were taking the scenic route. Kidding! We were just not in a hurry to go back so our pace was slow as we walked hand in hand along the shore.

Sometimes, the water would touch our feet. Maymay would run away from it, sort of playing tag with the water. She would squeal when the water was faster than she could escape it because despite the hot and humid weather, the water was cold.

She stopped to pick up another sea shell. She squealed but this time in excitement. She found a big and a very colorful one. Her cup was already brimming with shells she collected earlier so she told me to hold her prized sea shell.

"So?"

"I don't know."

"Ha? Bakit?"

"You have to know that it happened when I was a freshman in college. A month before my second year started. I was still young...I know that should not be an excuse but that's how I felt at that time. I was not ready. But..."

"Pero ano?"

"Please don't be mad."

"Huh?"

"Because after some time, I began to feel the excitement. Oh, I was worried about everything but the thought of having a son or daughter...Man! Insane but excited!"

"Good. Kase hindi kasalanan ng baby."

"I agree. Even if I didn't love Jessica, I cared about her. She was a good friend, at least I thought she was even it was all pretend."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For everything you thought you had and lost."

I couldn't help but gave Maymay a hug. She was so understanding. I really was lucky to have found her.

"Last question. Personal ito pero I want you to answer this honestly."

I began to get worried. I didn't want to hurt Maymay with anything so I hoped that whatever question that was, she could accept my honest answer.

"Shoot."

"Did you two...you know..."

"You know...what, Babe?"

"Sh*t. Ang hirap pala itananong. Ha! Okay, wait lang..."

She was actually cute. I knew what she was trying to ask me. But I wanted to see her flustered and blushing. So, I waited for her to finish her question. I was also relieved that we could address the elephant in the room. She might be understanding but I still didn't know the extent of that. And I didn't want to press my luck.

"I'm waiting, Babe."

"Ikaw talaga, di makapaghintay. No pressure, please..."

She fidgeted some more. I could actually see her sweating so I took mercy on her.

"No, I did not sleep with Jessica. Ever. Nor kissed her. We were never intimate in any way."

"Hay, salamat! Aaawkwaaard!" We burst out laughing.

We continued our walk back to our villa. Maymay was still on the lookout for unique sea shells as she played tag with the water. I was tempted to pick her up and dump her in the water just to know how she would react but immediately dispelled that thought. I was man enough to admit that I was afraid of the angry version of Maymay.

When we arrived at our villa, our friends were nowhere to be found. I took advantage of it so I kissed Maymay before we went inside.

"Wait, akina yang hawak mo."

I was holding the sea shell and my phone. I gave it to Maymay and she put it on one of the chairs beside the pool.

"Okay, continue."

With both hands free, I put them around her waist as I pulled her body closer. Her hands were on the back of my head. We kissed with so much passion. I was so into it that I was shocked to find myself falling into the pool.

"Wooooaaaahhhh!" I fell into the water, clothes and all. I surfaced the water spluttering. Good thing Maymay divested me of my phone.

Come to think of it, she did it with the intention of pushing me into the pool.

I saw her teary-eyed from laughing at me. She started to run away when she saw my expression.

Oh no, you didn't. Now, it's on.

"Maymaaaaay!" I shouted as I pulled myself out of the pool.

What was that expression in Tagalog? Ah, I remember. Lintik lang ang walang ganti. Lagot ka sakin, Maymay.

I thought of the punishment I would give her. But first, I had a very "bad" girlfriend to catch.