Chapter 27 - Edward's Past.1

I woke up with a raging headache.

"Ugh...please stop that noise!"

Well, f*ck! I drank too many last night. I can't remember what happened.

"Edward, turn off that alarm!"

Oh my, God! Jessica. Why are we in bed together?!

I looked around the room. All of our clothes were on the floor. And this room, I was not familiar with it.

"Jessica, wake up! Where are we?"

"At the hotel. Don't you remember?"

"No. What happened?"

"We were so drunk last night you decided that we stay at the hotel near the club."

"And? Why are we naked?"

"Edward, don't do this. You're my bestfriend and you're the only guy I slept with!"

"Hey, don't be like that. I care about you. But this, how did this happen?

"I don't know. I was drunk, too, you know."

___________________________________

I thought I escaped my past unscathed. I was wrong. Some things still triggered that ugly and painful memories.

I massaged my temples. Everytime I reminisced my past, I ended up with a headache. I regretted sending my girlfriend away. That was the reason why I followed her to the cafe only to see a guy making a move on her.

"Yes, the seat is taken and so is she!"

I glared at the offending male standing in front of my girlfriend.

The one I sent away. Now, someone wants to be with her!

"What are you waiting for, huh? Go!" I said to the guy.

Good thing he left.

"I'm sorry, Babe." I told Maymay as I moved in front of her.

"Okay lang yun, Babe. Naiintindihan kita."

"But, it wasn't the right thing to do. I should have escorted you back to the villa..."

She held my hand so I stopped.

"Sit down. Naka-order na ko. Tawagin mo yung waiter para makaorder ka."

"I'm fine."

"No. Mag-order ka. Ayaw kong kumain mag-isa."

"Okay, Babe."

I called the waiter and placed my order. After the waiter left, I looked at Maymay. Her sunglasses were perched on her head. She was wearing a white off-shoulder top and jeans shorts. Her face was bare and a little bit tanned from staying under the sun.

"I hate to admit, that irritating guy was right."

"Bakit?"

"You're beautiful."

"You, ha. Bumabawi ka kase pinaalis mo ko kanina, no?"

"No. I was just stating a fact."

"Babe, bolero ka."

"Babe, you truly are beautiful and I am the luckiest guy in the world. And I hope after everything is said, you'll still accept me."

"Why not? Edward, you are what you are right now."

"But I have done things in the past that I truly regret."

"Babe, siguro yang past mo ay may kinalaman kung ano ka ngayon pero ang mahalaga ay yung ngayon. Naiintindihan mo ba?"

"Yes, but you know, I wasn't always like this. I was the popular soccer player back in my high school in Germany. Girls flocked to me. I wasn't the good guy. I was a player. I went to all the parties. I could have failed school, too, you know. But ironically, I was so good at it...even when I always cut classes, even when I didn't study for an exam...that I graduated high school with honors and got accepted to one of the prestigious university in Germany. That's when I met Jessica."

"She's the ex, right?"

"Sadly, yes."

"But before all that, I was also this geeky, skinny kid that was bullied before high school. So, I promised myself that I would change. So that they could not bully me anymore. But the change, as you could see, was very different, destructive. It went bad. Jessica saved me that time during the first year in college. And, she became my best friend."

___________________________________

"Edward, I'm pregnant."

"What?!"

"That night...when we stayed at the hotel...I wasn't sure if we used protection. I know it's yours because you're the only guy I slept with."

"Let's get married."

"Why?"

"I thought you'd be happy with that. So that this...our baby won't be born out of wedlock."

"Edward, are you sure?"

"Yes."

---------------------------------------------------

A/N

To avoid confusion, all written in italics and centered, are part of Edward's trip down the memory lane.🙂

Please bear with me. The retelling of his past will cover two or more chapters.

JAS