Chapter 21

Newt's P.O.V.

"We could go by the bar, but then they might make us drink again and I don't know if we should risk that."

I ignore Brenda's words as Carly tenses in my arms.

Her knees buckle and I catch her in my arms before she has time to fall.

"Carly! Carly! Hey! Can u hear me! Carly, love!" I look around frantically to find someone who can help her, "What was in that drink?!"

Tommy takes her from me as he feels for her pulse fervently. He shakes her slightly. I can see the fear eyes as he looks around for help.

"What's wrong with her?" Brenda runs her hands through her hair, acting like she's concerned for once in her life.

"I don't bloody know! If I did I'd be helping her!" I feel enraged that shes just standing there. Help her for Christ's sake!

She looks so lifeless and I can't help but to choke on the air I'm breathing. "Carly please wake up! Carly please!"

"Maybe we can-" Brenda's eyes roll back into her head before she collapses into Thomas.

"What the shuck!"

"Tommy! The drinks! They were drugged!"

"Newt we have to get out of here. You got Carly?" He picks up Brenda in his arms the same way that I have Carly.

"Wait Tommy put her down before you shucking drop her!" We drank the drinks too so no doubt this was going to be our fate. I wasn't even scared for myself, just for Carly.

He realizes what I mean and places her against the wall, "I'm not feeling to good."

"No no no no! Stay with me Tommy. Cmon I need you right now! She needs you!"

He slumps against the wall alongside Brenda, before closing his eyes.

Bloody hell! Panic overwhelms me. I'm still holding Carly in my arms and there's no way I'm putting her down. I can't leave Thomas and Brenda either.

I spin around worriedly to see the Cranks from before smiling wildly at us.

"Night night." Jack whispers in my ear.

And just like that, I'm out.

I awake to darkness, and it feels as though  nails had been driven into my skull from all directions.

I groan, the sound only intensifying the pain in my head. I reach up to rub it but my hands won't move. Tape. I try to kick with my legs, but they're bound too.

"Carly? Thomas?"

"It's about time you shucking woke up." Thomas groans back in the darkness.

"Where's-"

A light comes in. Bright and stabbing. I squeeze both eyes shut, then open them enough so that I can squint through. Three people stood in front of me, but their faces were in shadows, the light coming from behind.

"Wakey wakey" a husky voice said. Someone snickered.

"Hey Thomas, we've been waiting for you." A man speaks.

Thomas gasps, "How do you know my name?" He yells, "Why were you waiting for me? What is this?"

The man laughs, "We watched you all night! Then this morning we saw your reaction to the sign through a window-figured you had to be the famous Thomas."

They were watching us! I knew we wouldn't be safe there, but I didn't want to say anything in fear of upsetting Carly. Wait Carly! Where is she?!

Thomas doesn't say anything back.