The war isnt over

I felt a hand on my shoulder and flinched. I turned to see Lee sitting next to be. He looked at me with pity in his eyes. Lily was standing at a corner and Lee was holding Katie who had dug her face in his shirt. What happened? He whispered. I broke down sobbing on his shoulder. He patted my back and wrapped his arm around me. Lets go! He whispered. Get up! Come on Amara! What the hell happened? I shake my head and hold back sobs. I don't know! I screamed. I came here and she just came out of the bushes and she was dying! And she... she made me promise to stay! I couldn't ... couldn't save her! She was bleeding and... Ssssssh! Lee soothed. Come on Princess! I slowly stood up but by legs were shaking. Lily rushed to me and put an arm around me. I followed her back to the stream with Katie while the boys stayed there. Lily helped me clean the blood. I changed and tied my hair in a pony tail. I stared at my reflection in the water. My eyes were red and puffy. My cheeks were sunken and my face pale. I looked exhausted . I felt hollow. Another tear fell. Stop it! Lily shouted. I stared at their. Stop crying! I'm sorry you had to see this but you can't be weak! I was furious. Shut up! You don't know what it's like! You weren't there! She shook her head. She's gone Amara! She said a bit more softly. And I'm sorry you had to see that but it's done! It wasn't your fault! It's was creepers! And now we can't be weak! More than ever ! We need to be strong! You're scaring Katie! I finally understood what she meant. The war for survival was far from over. And the girl was just a martyr. And I would avenge her. A fire started in my heart. I was out of tears. I was numb. But I was ready to kill each and everyone of those assholes who sent us here. They think I'm a spark. But I'm going to burn them all. I'm going to head them scream. I will survive....