Better

"You really are a terrible liar" He mumbles. I smile despite my tears. I realize that hope is never truly gone. It always stays hidden somewhere... In my case it was hidden we them. We both pull back and grin at each other. "Alright lovebirds!" Lee claps. I look back at him and he winks. I scowl at him. " How are things?" Louis asks solemnly. Lee shakes his head. " The fires out and they're patching kids up. A few died. They managed to save some stuff. But they are really angry!" " Whats going on?" I ask. " We'l explain soon but right now we have to move!" Louis says and I nod. Lee went to Lily to help her stands. She puts her arm around his shoulders. Louis went to them too but Lily shook her head. " The wounds almost gone and I am fine! Just wobbly on the legs!" Katie walks too me and I hold her hand. We start walking in a hurry. We just walk. Lee starts being really annoying again. Lily smacked him on the head and he groaned. " Im surprised you didn't die without us princess!" I groan at his nickname for me. " I almost did!" I reply sarcastically which is true.I tell them everything my story and of course leave out all the tears and stuff. " Thats really weird!" Lily sighs. I nod. " Its like someone wanted you to find us!" Katie adds up. " But thats a good thing right?" I ask. " Dunno yet!" Lee mumbles but we hear him. I raise an eyebrow. " Dont believe him!" Katie giggles. " He kept crying when you left. He kept mumbling how much he already missed you!" Lee turns red and we all laugh. " Not true you telltale!" He says to Katie in mock hurt. I laugh again." So what happened to you guys?" I ask. " We made it to camp in a day. They let us in and everything but Greg kept asking us about the fire and who caused it. If we had met anyone. We said no. It all was fishy. They treated Lily and gave us food. We were considering staying but I had a bad feeling about Greg. SO me and Lee snuck into his room and he actually had a lapTOP! We went through his things and found stuff. He was helping the Creators!" I gasp at Louis and he nods. " Then he came and knocked Lee out and tied us up. He was crazy! He kept babbling about how lucky we are to be here. The Creators wouldn't be happy. And he knew about you! He told us he had orders to burn the camp if he wanted to survive. They manipulate him Amara! He was just a kid after all. I begged him to stop. He went out and we freed ourselves. Lee went to get the girls and I went to stop Greg. He started the fire and then shouted at the kids that it was us! That we were traitors and then he ran straight into the fire. We hid in the forest and.." I didn't want to but I felt sorry for Greg. He didn't want to do this. None of us wanted to be here! We were kids and we deserved a life! Katie deserved to hug her parents and go to school! Lily and Lee deserved to have a life together! Louis deserved to go to high school and have a girlfriend or two. But what did I deserve? Better than this, a voice in my head said.