Going out

The butterflies had long gone now. We sat around the fire. Well Katie was sleeping on the ground. Lee was leaning on a tree and Lily had her head on his shoulder. I felt tired too. My eyes fought to stay awake. The full moon created long shadows which was confusing. But I had a feeling in my gut, something weird. But it was a full moon and I was happy. Probably paranoid. My mind replayed the moment earlier. You should rest! Louis says. You too! I argue. I'm keeping watch. I'll wake up Lee in a couple of hours. Besides, they look cute together. I chuckle. I lay on the soft grass and stare into the flames. They seem to pull me towards them. So warm, so int... Something was wrong! Something was very wrong! I could sense it. The wind stopped . The moon was covered by clouds and everything got darker. I heard a howl. I stood up at once, dagger in hand. Louis had his spear. Lee! He shouted. Wh-what? Lee shouted sleepily. Get up! They're here! Lee woke up completely and stood next to Louis with a small knife. No! No ! Creepers don't hint on full moons! Well they are! Lily whispered as she stood in a fighting stance next to me. Louis pulled Katie behind him. I saw something run off. Then something else! How many were there?We stood in a semi circle around the fire. Louis in the centre. Lee on his right. Me in his left and Lily besides me. Katie cowered a few inches behind me. They were everywhere! My head snapped behind me. They hadn't I couldn't see them. It was dark and they blended into the shadows. Impossible to see until too late. There must be at least 6! I panicked. What are we going to do? Lily cited her voice lace with fear. Louis shook his head. He looked down. He knew... I knew... We knew it was a lost battle. There were too many. We wouldn't survive... Yes we would die! It hit me hard but not as hard as it was supposed too. I was confused. But I knew it didn't matter. We were here together. And we were going to fight. Not for life! But for killing more than them than they killed of us. If we go out, we might as well take some creepers out with us.