not giving up

CatCo

Kara stormed into Cat Grant's office since she had called her Supergirl. "Shouldn't we call her 'Superwoman'?!", Kara yelled.

"Well, Kara, last time I checked, I am Cat Grant and I can name her whatever I want. Why shouldn't I just fire you now for your attitude?", Cat asked looking up at her. Kara started to hesitate on what to say when James ran in.

"Kara, I got it!", He said with a folder.

"Got..Got what?", Kara asked.

"The picture. That you got from the robbery.", James said with a look that just confused Kara.

"What picture, Kara?", Cat asked. Kara hesitated to say something again and looked at James.

"You explain it so much better.", Kara said with a grin.

"Kara was at the robbery that happened a few days ago.", James explained to Cat.

"I was?", She asked. "I mean, yes, I was.", She said but was confused on how James would know that.

"She got this from that scene.", James said before handing Snapper the folder which had a close up picture of 'Supergirl'.

"You got a picture of her? And decided to argue with me about the name?", Cat asked placing the folder on her desk. "You are very questionable sometimes Kara. Leave.", Cat said and Kara nodded and walked out with James.

"How did you get that? And How did you-", Kara started but realized something.

"You know. You know who I am.", Kara said. James just smiled. "You're welcome." James walked to his office and suddenly Kara could feel a painful and loud ring in her ear. There was a voice in that painful noise.

"I'm communicating at 50,00 hertz. If you can hear this. You were not born on this Earth.", they said. Kara touched her head in pain as she ran through the building. "Painful, isn't it?", they said. Kara continued to run through CatCo, confused and in pain. "The humans of National City will suffer 10 times this pain if you don't face me. Meet me at the National City Power Plant. How many innocent people are going to die until you prove you are not a coward..not just Superman's cousin who can't do anything for herself, Daughter of Alura?", they said. Kara got out of the building and was in the ally way and they pain and ringing finally stopped. She took off her glasses and unbuttoned her shirt, revealing her suit. Then she flew off.

Power Plant

Once she got there, she used her X-Ray vision on the building and couldn't see anything. She then could hear a heartbeat, that told her that the man who sent her there was close. "Clever. Picking a spot lined with lead. But I can still hear your heartbeat.", Kara said. Then Vartox leaped off a Power Plant and landed right behind her. She heard him land and turned around to him punching her. She was thrown from the punch a couple feet and she breathed heavily as she sat up.

"On my planet, females bow before males.", Vartox said. Kara slowly stood up.

"This is not your planet.", Kara said.

"You look like Alura.", Vartox said.

"How do you know my mother's name?", Kara asked. "You don't easily forget the name of the woman who condemned you to prison.", He said.

"Fort Rozz?", She asked.

"She was our judge and jailer.", He said.

"Can't kill her. So you'll have to do." Kara immediately flew at him, knocking him threw a brick wall. Once he got up, he ran over to her and she threw a punch but he ducked it. Then he punched her in the stomach and grabbed her throat and she started having difficulty breathing. He threw her into the power plant building and she immediately stood up, trying to stay strong. He leaped into the big hole in the building she made and punched her, which had thrown a couple feet away again. "Just because you wear that symbol doesn't mean you're him." He got closer to her and the more he came, the more she started to get scared. "Fighting him would be a honor. Fighting you is just a exercise." Kara got up and threw a punch but he leaned back a little so she missed. Then she tried to punched him two more times and both times, he grabbed the punches then threw her across the room. "You think you can actually stop me? That you'd be able to stop any of us?", He asked her before grabbing her and throwing her out of the building. She groaned in pain and once again, he leaped over to her. Stomped his foot on her chest and got out his weapon. He tried to chop her head off with it but she kept moving her head away from the blade. Then pushed herself off the ground and he threw his weapon at her. It hit her arm, leaving a mark. He grabbed her by the throat and pushed her against the ground. "Now you know what it's like to bleed. Soon, your whole city will bleed.",  Vartox said before grabbing her by the throat with his other hand. Then there was a explosion from the sky. Vartox let Kara go and ran. Alex came down from the helicopter that blew grenades at Vartox. She came down and told the people in the helicopter to go after Vartox. She made sure Kara was okay.

DEO

After they took the piece of metal out of her arm, Kara turned to Alex."Did you know about my mom?", Kara asked Alex.

"That she was the one who locked up all those aliens? Besides Darry, it's why I didn't want you out there. Showing yourself, showing this. The Fort Rozz escapees would give anything to get revenge on your mother and the only way that they can do that now is hurt you.", Alex explained to Kara.

"You were right.", Kara said with tears in her eyes. "The world doesn't need me.", Kara said before getting off the medic bed.

"Well...what about Darr-Barry?", Alex asked. "I'll just have to find some other way to honor him then.", Kara said before leaving.

Kara's Apartment

Kara walked in to find Iris there. "Hey..", She said quietly.

"Hey—what's wrong?", Iris asked. Kara didn't say anything until she walked up to Iris. Then she started to break down.

"I had the worse day.", Kara said before Iris hugged her, comforting her. She sort of calmed down and wiped away her tears.

"It'll be okay.", Iris said with a smile.

"I don't know how I'm suppose to do this when you go back to Central City.", Kara said with a sniffle. Iris smiled then got a idea.

"How about I don't?", Iris asked.

"What?", Kara asked.

"Why don't I just move in?", Iris said.

"Yes! That would be perfect! But..what about Joe & Eddie...and-and Barry?", Kara asked.

"Dad will be fine and if Eddie misses me, he can come to National himself and when Barry wakes up, Dad will call us. And anyway, I like it here. It's something new.", Iris said.

"Okay. Let's do it!", Kara said with a grin. They hugged and started laughing but a knock at the door ended the happiness.

"Kara, it's me. Can we talk?", Alex said on the other side of door. Kara looked at the door and used her X-Ray vision. "I know you can see me.", Alex said. "I know that you're thinking that this is your fault but it's not. Before you came to live with us, I was the star. And then, how..how could I compete with someone so..perfect..? Someone who could touch the stars. I was happy when you decided not to use your powers, it made me feel more than I was. But...now...the world needs you to fly, Kara. Not just for Darry-", Alex continued.

"She does know his name is Barry, right?", Iris whispered.

"-but for everyone.", Alex finished. Kara opened the door.

"I can't do it.", Kara said.

"Yes, you can.", Alex told her.

"Your family believes in you.", Alex said.

"I know you do-", Kara started but was interrupted by Alex.

"I don't mean me.", Alex said, confusing Kara & Iris.

"What?", Iris asked. Alex pulled out a hologram in a big box. Kara grabbed it with awe.

"This is Kryptonese writing.", Kara said. Alex walked into her apartment and greeted Iris.

"Krypto-what?", Iris asked.

"My home language. It's very hard to understand.", Kara told her. She set the hologram on the coffee table in her living room. Then a hologram of her mother appeared and she immediately started tearing up. "Mom." Iris stood next to Kara in awe.

"She looks like you.", Iris said. Kara smiled.

"That's what Vartox said..", Kara said. They all put their attention on Alura in the hologram.

"Kara...I'm sure you've become the woman I knew you would be...and though you were sent here for Kal-El, your destiny isn't tied to his. There will be no correct path in life. You will lose many times. What's important is that you never give up. Be wise..strong..and true to yourself.." Then the hologram went away and she started sobbing. Iris put her hand over her mouth and started to tear up. Kara turned around and looked at Alex and Iris. "So, where do we start?", Kara said. They all grinned, excited that Kara isn't giving up.