thanksgiving

"Adam?", Kara asked, surprised, staring at him shocked. "Adam? Your..boyfriend..Adam?", Barry asked slowly, with a hint of hurt and Kara could sense it, which was making it harder for her. "..You're back?", Kara asked, slowly and Adam nodded, happily. Then he ran up to her and embraced her, lifting her up off the ground a little. She gasped a little, not expecting him to do that but embraced him back. Then he set her down when they heard the elevator door open. Kara looked at the elevator and saw Barry in it.

"..Barry..wait..", Kara said softly. "I'll see you later, Kara.", Barry said as the elevator door closed and Kara bit her lip. Adam was slightly confused but he shook it off. "So..is my mom here?", Adam asked.

-

The next morning, Iris woke up and was smiling. It was the day before Thanksgiving and she didn't have to deal with Cat Grant. She was actually going home for Thanksgiving, she made sure she had nothing else stopping her from seeing Joe, Eddie & Barry. She was really excited about seeing Joe but not so sure about Eddie. She can't deny that there's some chemistry between her & Mon but she has a boyfriend. She has to try and let go of her feelings for Mon..or at least push them down because she does care about Eddie. But she cares about Mon too. But it didn't matter. She was going home this Thanksgiving and absolutely nothing would stop her.

She got out of bed and walked into the living room to make some coffee before going back to her room to pack a suitcase but when she walked into the living room, Iris saw Kara sitting down on the couch, staring into nothing. "Uh, Kara?", Iris asked. Kara blinked then looked at Iris, smiling.

"Oh..goodmorning Iris.", Kara said, acting kinda weird. Iris crinkled her eyebrows in confusion.

"Are you okay?", Iris asked. "Oh, I'm wonderful. Just great.", Kara said, in a sarcastic tone. Iris didn't know why Kara was being sarcastic but it probably had something to do with Barry last night so she knew Kara would eventually tell her.

"Alright, Kara.", Iris said slightly then turned to the kitchen to make some coffee and then someone walked into the door with three to-go coffees. Iris was expecting it to be Barry but it most definitely was not. He had light brown hair, brown eyes, slight tan skin and he had a type of Prince Charming vibe.

"I'm back.", he said and Iris looked at him weird. Kara looked at him and forced a smile.

"Oh goody.", Kara said with a slight of sarcasm. "Uh..like to clear things up?", Iris asked as Kara stood up. "Oh..right..you know my boyfriend Adam..right?", Kara asked and Iris was taken back.

"You're boyf- Uh no.", Iris said. "Well Iris, this is Adam..my boyfriend..and Adam this is Iris, my new roommate.", Kara said all too quickly but they both seemed to understand. "Hi.", Adam said with a big smile.

"Uh, hi. So your Adam. Cat Grant's son. Your my boss' son.", Iris rambled. "And guess where he surprised me!", Kara exclaimed and Iris sighed, annoyed.

"Where?", Iris asked. "At CatCo!", Kara exclaimed and Iris was confused on why Kara was making this a big deal. "Where I met up with..Barry!", Kara exclaimed again, and Iris' eyes widened.

"When you were-", Iris started to say. "Uh-huh.", Kara said. "And he-", Iris started to say. "Uh-huh.", Kara said again and Iris was speechless. Adam didn't know what was happening, he just thought it was girls being weird so he didn't question it. "Well. This was..lovely.", Iris said suddenly. "Coffee?", Adam asked.

Iris came out of the bathroom to find Kara pacing back and forth, on the phone. "Come on pick up. Please. Come on.", Kara muttered. "So..Adam, huh? Seems like a great guy.", Iris said as Kara looked at her.