cheater?

Kara was back at work and was giving Mon some leftovers. "Turkey, cranberry sauce, sweet potato, and three slices of pie.", Kara said as she handed a container of food to Mon. "Payment in full for putting up with my crazy family.", She continued and he laughed a little. "Thanks.", he said before walking over to his desk and she smiled. "Kara." She turned to see who said her name and it was Adam.

"Hi.", she said. "Kara, I'm sorry. I should've just asked who Barry was instead of just assuming the worst.", Adam said and Kara hesitantly nodded. "Because he is just a friend, right?", he asked and Kara painfully nodded. "Yeah. Of course.", she said before hugging him. "Thank you.", she said as she broke it.

"Um. Well. I didn't get to tell you what I was thankful for.", Adam started to say and she looked at him, so he would know she was listening. "You. I'm grateful of you.", He said and Kara crinkled her eyebrows. "What..What are you saying?", she asked. "I love you, Kara.", he said and she was taken back. It had gotten too far now. It was too late. As much as she liked Barry, she had to like him enough to let him go.

"I..", she started to say. "You don't have to say it back.", he said before he saw Cat. "I'll be right back.", he said before walking into her office. Kara just stood there, not knowing what to do. But at the corner of her eye, she just saw someone staring at her so she looked to see Barry, looking at her. Iris standing next to him.

"Iris.", Mon said as he walked up to them. Iris looked at Mon and smiled.

"Hey, Mon.", Iris said before they hugged. "Do you know how boring it is without you here?", Mon asked before breaking the hug then they walked to his desk. Barry & Kara just stared at each other, emotions covering their eyes. Tears started to develop in her eyes. She knew that they were okay now but she still had lots of regret, and now it was worse. She scared of hurting Adam's feelings but she didn't want to hurt Barry's either. Barry didn't know why she was so upset but it didn't matter. He walked up to her and embraced her. The moment they touched, Kara lost it. She started to cry in his chest.

"Why are you crying?", Barry whispered. "Because I hurt you and I don't want to hurt anyone.", she said as Barry rubbed her back. "You don't have to apologize.", Barry said but Kara broke their hug. "Yes I do. It hurts me to see you in pain, Bar. I know that Adam coming back somehow hurt you and I don't know why but it did and I'm sorry-", she started to ramble but stopped when Barry wiped some tears off her face. "It's okay. You're okay. Everything's okay.", Barry said and she looked up at him with her eyes glimmering. "But most importantly, we're okay." She smiled before hugging him again. Adam was about to walk out of his mom's office when he saw Kara & Barry hugging.

"Uh. Mom?", Adam asked. "Yes, dear.", Cat said. "Is Kara..Do Kara & Barry always act like that?", Adam asked as Cat walked up to him, standing next to him. "Usually. Yes.", Cat said. "Why?", she asked. "Because..I don't think they are just friends like they say they are..", Adam said. "Well. Don't you trust Kara? Trust that they're friends?", Cat asked. "I want to. But I don't.", Adam said and Cat sighed. "I'll watch them and her for you. Ask her questions.", She said. "If they're not just friends. And she is cheating, I'll find out."

Back at Kara's apartment, was Alex, Kara, Eliza & Barry as he wanted to meet to meet Eliza. "Awe. This group hug is so nice.", Eliza said as they all had a group hug because she was leaving. "I am so proud of you.", Eliza told Alex after they all broke their hug. "Thank you.", Alex said with a warming smile. "Aww.", Barry said. "This is so nice.", Kara said. "Oh, I'm proud of you too, Kara...for being so brave...while being held hostage...", Eliza said, hesitatingly, knowing Barry didn't know about Kara. "Yeah. Must've been scary.", Barry said and Kara slightly chuckled. "Proud of Supergirl too. But from what I see, there is room for improvement.", Eliza said, leaving everyone in shock. "Wooahh.", Barry said. "Wow! That was not an unqualified compliment, which is progress, but not for Supergirl.", Kara said. "This is the best day of my life.", Alex said and they all started to giggle. "I hate to ruin this moment but there is something you all should know.", Eliza said and they all looked at her seriously. "Something I promised your father I wouldn't but if you're gonna be working for the DEO you need to know.", she said.

"Your dad wasn't just a doctor. And he did not just die in a plane crash.", Eliza said. "What?", Kara asked. "That's what they told me but I don't trust them.", Eliza said. "Mom, What are you talking about?", Alex asked. "I've known about the DEO for a long time. I know what they do."

"Jeremiah died working for the DEO. He died working for a man named Hank Henshaw." Kara, Alex & Barry all looked at each other in fright.

The next day at the DEO, Barry, Kara & Alex were all tense. All Alex did was tell Barry that they told Supergirl so he wouldn't act suspicious. But they were all still tense. "Good job with Livewire, Supergirl.", Hank said as he walked towards them and they all tensed up. "And do tell the Blur that his help was appreciated.", he continued and Barry nodded. "The DEO has its first non-alien prisoner. And now the holidays are over and you've had your fun, perhaps you can get back to your actual job. Catching aliens.", he continued on. "Yes, sir.", Kara & Barry said in unison. "That's it? No comeback?", Hank asked. "No, sir.", Barry said. "Just ready to work.", Kara said and Hank looked at them weird. "All right.", he said before walking away. "We have to find out what happened to my dad.", Alex said.
"Definitely."
"Absolutely."