18 - first kiss

Richie hates awkward moments. He hates that word. Awkward. The word ITSELF is awkward! He never is, he's pretty good at keeping things cool, but this is just awkward. Sitting in his now very uncomfortable chair, holding Eddies hand while everyone eyes bore at the two.

Why is this so awkward? It doesn't HAVE to be. He looks down at their hands intertwined. Wait, they don't even have to be holding hands right now. What is he doing?! Just let go Richie. He tells himself. He doesn't. Eddie isn't either. Welp guess we'll just sit here and hold hands awkwardly.

Bev comes back to her chair and puts a short stool on the ground in front of her. Mike tosses her the empty plastic coke bottle and she places it on the stool in front of her. She looks up at the group with a mischievous smirk on her face. We're doomed

"Alrighty. Let's get started shall we?"

Eddie releases his hand from Richie's and smacks his forehead "Not really, this is stupid"

"Oh whatever! It's fun, and 'nice and juicy' like Richie so badly wanted"

"I'm going inside" Stan sighs standing up

Bev raises her eyebrows "uhh I think the fuck not! Sit your ass back down"

Stan obediently turns back around and sits back in his chair with his classic eye roll.

Bev sighs and sits up in chair leaning forward ready to spin the dreaded bottle in front of her. She wasn't afraid. Everyone else was. Bev isn't afraid of anything. After her dad died at least. Sometime not being afraid isn't good and gets herself into trouble or danger.

She spins the bottle. Eddie (and the rest of the losers) watch that bottle spin round, and round, and round the circle. It spins for a long time, the bottle whipping around fast choosing its victim. It slows down, and come to stop on Mike. He shifts awkwardly in his chair. Bev stands up and walks over to his chair, and peeks a kiss on his check.

Nothing much. Eddie raises his eyebrows in dis belief. That was very unlike Bev to not be as daring. Mike clears his throat.

"Ok well I might as well say this now, I have a girlfriend"

"WHAT?!" Half of them exclaim at once

"MIKELANGELO WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU JUST NOW TELLING US!!!" Richie wails standing up out of his seat

Mike blushes "Sorry Richie. And you guys. The only person I told was Stan"

Richie looks to Stan narrowing his eyes "Oh you TRAITOR!"

"What?!" Stan says "He told ME I never asked for him to tell me!"

"Yeah well-"

Mike waves his hands in the air "STOP. CHILL. BREATHE. SIT THE FUCK DOWN. LISTEN"

Richie and Stan sit back in their seats, still giving each other the evil eye.

"Her name is Betty"

"BETTY RIMPSON?!" Richie blurts

"No. Betty Andrews. I don't think you know her. But yeah! I have a girlfriend!"