30 - tranquilized

Eddie sat by his window looking at the cloudy sky and listening to music for about 20 minutes. After those 20 minutes were up he heard his mom thudding up the stairs. He kept his eyes on the door ready for her.

She opened it up and fake smiled. She brushed off a spot on the end of his bed and sat down.

"Hi sweetie. I'm so glad your back"

Eddie avoids eye contact and nods. Sonia studies him up and down and sighs.

"I'm gonna make you all better. Don't you worry"

He tenses up and doesn't know what to say. Maybe there is nothing to say. Maybe he should just keep quiet and see what happens. Or not.

"What do you mean Mommy? I'm not sick"

His mom glares at him "Listen. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. You pick!"

This angers him. For no reason. Now it's time to do the unthinkable

"No"

"No?"

"No!" Eddie repeats "Neither! I'm not sick! Your sick!"

Sonia scowls at him and opens her mouth to yell, then stops. Instead she smirks grimly and reaches behind her pulling a thin box to her lap, and opens it calmly. She slides out a layer of styrofoam, then from the styrofoam a syringe.

"So I guess you want the hard way, huh?"

Eddie's eyes widen. He screams throwing himself off the bed as Sonia lunges to grab his arm and inject it into him.

His first thought was to run out his door but his mom has it to her back so he'd have to run right towards her. Or he could quick slide right between her legs and get out the door really fast. Common now Eddie, your no athlete! There's absolutely NO time to be thinking up plans like that!

Instead he scatters to his window and tries sliding it open to slip out. Richie had always done it, so why can't he?

He tries opening it but it's bolted shut. His mom must've done that while he was away. It seems she escape proofed the whole damn room.

His next instinct is to bust open the window by shattering the glass. This couldn't be that hard. It was just one huge window from the ceiling to the floor and the glass seems fairly thin. Hopefully thin enough.

Eddie begins punching the glass as hard as he can while Sonia gets to her feet.

It's not working. The punching is starting to merely crack the glass but not enough to bust it open. Also his knuckles are beginning to throb. He starts kicking the glass instead. Sonia continues forward to him and reaches for him again, but he dodges her, starting again with the punching.

Sonia tries again and again to grab his arm but Eddie manages to dodge her everytime. He gives the glass one more strong punch, which finally shatters is causing shards to fly everywhere including right into his face.

I did it! I really did it!

With confidence, Eddie tries hurling himself out the window, not even thinking about how he'll land his jump.

Then as if in an action movie, Sonia catches him in mid air and pulls him back to the floor onto a pile of broken glass.

Eddie winces. He tries to get up, but can't. His whole body is sore and energy is gone. Even with that, he refuses to give up. He can't be injected with whatever this demon called his mother is trying to poison him with. With every ounce of strength he has left, he tries to get back up.

Again, Sonia lunges for him and pins him down by his arms. She's practically on top of him when she aims the needle for Eddie's forearm.

"See you at the Academy, fag"

The needle is plunged into his arm, and she injects the liquid.

Eddie stares up into his ceiling light, and tries to scream. To move. To call for his friends. To call for Richie. But it all just goes dark

• • •

When Richie got home, conveniently his parents weren't there. He just went straight to his room and unpacked (well, tossing his things on his floor if that's considered unpacking) then he texted Eddie.

Richie: heyyy Ed's

Richie: you should call me

Richie: how'd it go with ur mom?

Richie: Eddie??

Richie had called 7 times and left 3 voicemails. Normally he wouldn't be this worried but it was his angry mom who he had came home to.
It's been 3 hours of calling and texting.

Groupchat

Richie: has anyone talked to Eddie yet?

Bill: nope. I texted him earlier tho and asked if he was good.

Ben: no

Mike: me neither

Bev: no is he okay??

Richie: that's it I'm going over there

Stan: shitty idea. ur the last person Sonia needs to see.

Richie: idfc. I need to know he's okay.

Stan: suit urself

Bev: Richie no you'll just get him in trouble

Bev: please don't go

Bev: for Eddie's sake! Richie fr!

Richie: sry but I have to make sure he's fine

Richie grabs his car keys and dashes out the front door to his Jeep. He gets in quick and hits the gas, off to Eddie's house.

(A/N) PSA NO EDDIE ISNT DEAD DONT GIVE UP ON ME bc I feel like in most fan fics either Sonia kills Eddie or Richie commits suicide or both and that's just way to mf sad for me to even IMAGINE writing so don't worry I won't kill them!!

- author