Chapter 23

Ian's pov

Anthony, Kalel, and I talked for a while until they went to vlog. I was home alone. I made some food to take my mind off of things. I turned on the tv but nothing good was on. I checked our latest lunchtime episode and everyone in the comments were asking where Skylar was. I heard a buzz and answered my phone.

"Hello?" I asked not even looking at the caller id.

"Hey son hows the girl?" My mom asked. I but my lip trying so hard not to cry.

"Um shes good from what I know."

"What do you mean?" They asked.

"Skylar went back home today."

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you upset." They said trying to comfort.

"Its ok but can I call you back later." I said knowing they would say yes.

"Ya sure take as long as you need." They said and hung up. I let tears drip down my face but looking at the vase of flowers made me flashback to when I got them for her.

Flashback

The first day was right after our first real date. I picked the rose and saw her face light up.

My head transferred to one of her laughs covered by when we were at the restaurant and I gave her the second rose.

It finally transferred to when we were at the beach going to the dance when I saw a man grab her back with a bag then put her on the floor near everyone else I punched that person and saw Caleb run inside. I gave him a scared look and he ran out.

My brain finally came back after remembering that. I looked around the room to make sure I wasn't still in a flashback. The room around me was my house and I remembered I was alone. I was so bored I looked to see if there was anyone I could talk to. I clicked on Melanie typed a really long message and hovered my finger over the send button. I brought it down and didn't send it. I deleted everything I tried to say and stared at the wall.

"Oh c'mon, you should atleast have a life outside of this." I looked around the room and yelled,

"Skylar!" she didn't answer. I looked a little more than decided it was pointless. She wasn't here. I sat down and looked back at my phone. A while later I turned it off. I got up from my couch and it made a big noise. I got a drink from the fridge and once I got a cup out I heard it again.

"Ian I forgot my clothes in the bedroom can you get them for me?" It came from the bathroom. I ran to my phone and called Anthony.

"Hey Ian."

"Anthony I need you over here."

ANTHONY'S POV

I said ok and hung up.

"Hey Kalel." I yelled.

"What?" she walked in and said.

"I have to go see Ian." She nodded and I left towards his house.