Chapter 36

Ian's pov

We had less than a week until we had to leave. I had been sitting in the bed on my laptop. I heard something downstairs so I hoped it was someone to talk to instead of the stupid air conditioner. I went down to see Mariza.

"Hey Ian are you planning on marring her?" She asked all of the sudden.

"Um why?" I asked.

"Well because you guys act like you are but you refuse to ask her."

"Well its mostly because I don't think I can put all the pressure on both of us. If I'm going to ask her its going to be once she moves atleast." I said finishing our conversation.

"Im sorry I just don't think I can ask her where her dad is constantly watching us. Like I get wh--" I started.

"Ian shh...." She warned. I looked behind me and saw Skylar popping out from the hallway.

"Umm Skylar how long have you been there?" I asked. She didn't answer me she instead ran outside in the cold in a cami, shorts, and her slippers.

"No Skylar." I called running over to where the shoes were slipping on a pair that fit and grabbed a jacket and a hat. I ran outside and looked for where she was. At the time it was snowing so I could see her small footprints in the new snow. By the time I came to lower ground the snow was knee deep so I knew Skylar was either in pain right now or didn't come this way. The snow tracks kept going forward. I continued running towards the snow tracks until I felt light headed. I pushed some snow away from me and brought the jacket and hat closer to me.

Once I got warmer some snow plowed decided to drive by and spill snow all over me. I wiped it away from my face and started remembering the second day here. When we had a snowball fight. When I slipped and she came with me. When she helped me cope with the cold and now shes the one probably freezing and I'm just sitting here warming myself. I'm such a terrible boyfriend.

I started running faster following the tracks still until they stopped at a tree. I looked up and saw a little wood platform that could easily fit someone. I looked for an easy way to climb up but my skill was in games not climbing trees. I grabbed on to a branch and after trying for a couple minutes, I got on that branch. The next four were easier to climb up but I felt like my weight was going to break it. I reached the top finally and found Skylar sitting up here. She broke some branches and I saw her phone battery was sitting right next to her and her phone sitting in front of her.

"Skylar." I said carefully climbing onto the wood platform.

"My brother made this 16 years ago." She started. I sat and stared at her. "When I was 7 and he was 11. Who would ever figure that once he took his driving test it would be the last time we saw him. Except for in the morgue. Everything would just go, his scholarship to move to the usa and go to school there, his YouTube channel." She sighed.

"He could make anyone smile even through death. Except for those people who knew him as a friend and family and mostly as a brother. Its when mom and dad had started staying by themselves." I put my arm on her shoulder.

"They left me and Caleb for 2 years!" she screamed. "I was only twelve and I had to take care of a four year old child."

"Hey hey hey hey. Its alright." I said pulling her into my arms. I felt her crying into my collarbone. "He still doesn't know what happened at that time, I never had the courage to....." I felt her head which was super cold. I put my hat on her then took my jacket and put it around her. She cuddled up against my chest more and I stroked her hair until she fell asleep. I found a trusty branch to lay against and soon fell asleep too.

"Ian wake up wake up." I heard Skylar say. I opened my eyes and she said, "come on they came here for us." I barely moved and saw Anthony Felix and Marzia standing on the snow. Skylar easily went down but I was making small movements to not fall. Once down they smiled at me and we walked back home holding Skylar right next to me.

"Ian, I hope you know I won't forget what you said to Mariza about marrying me."

Authors note:

Sorry this was a bad chapter but its going to play a part in the chapters.