9.

Shawn.

"What's up, Jay

"What's up, Jay." My boy Rihmeek greeted me with a handshake and invited me in.

"What's good with you?" I asked.

"Shit." He shrugged. "You need more pills already?"

I nodded and he looked at me skeptically. "It's fine, Meek. Don't worry 'bout all that."

He slowly nodded his head. "Aight... how many you want?"

"Just give me another 20 right now." I dug in my pocket to retrieve some cash to give him. "I'll make them last a while."

"I don't like selling you this shit because you my boy and I don't want anything to happen to you."

I sucked my teeth. "Yeah yeah. Nigga, don't start getting all soft on me. Just go get my shit. I haven't taken one in a week and a half, yo. I'm in pain."

"You need to see a doctor." He mumbled and walked upstairs to get my stuff. Seconds later, he was returning with a small ziplock baggy filled with pills.

"Thank you." I shoved the bag in my pocket and Meek only shook his head.

"If your back hurts that much, don't you think you should see a doctor?" He said in a concerned tone.

"I'm fine, man." I said shaking my head. "I got it."

"Okay then." He put his hands up in defeat. "Ima let you do you."

"Good." I gave him a handshake and made my way to the door. "Aye, good looking out though, Meek. Get yo ass on 2k later, we need you on the ProAm team."

"Bet, just text my phone when y'all hopping on."

"Got you." He shut the door behind me and I got in my car. I emptied the pills into the pill bottle and took one almost feeling better immediately.

I took a long look at myself and sighed. I hated that I was like this. But I really couldn't control it. The urge was way too strong now.

Dinner at my moms house almost never went well, but we continued to try. London was somewhere probably under Nahziah. They were the best of friends right now, I really hope they remain close. I used to love hanging with my cousins.

Zi might be leaving for college soon and I don't know how London is going to take it.

"Shawn, have you heard from that girl?"

I rolled my eyes and focused my attention on my mother. "What girl?"

She sighed. "Your child's mother."

"Yeah... she called the other day. Said she wanted to see us."

"And what did you say?"

Rolling my eyes again with a slight shrug, I shortly answered. "I told her to fuck off."