32.

"Ahhh, this shit is wack." I groaned into the microphone on my headset. "I hate this game." B had her feet sitting in my lap while my eyes focused on the tv. She was doing her own thing on her phone while I played the game. As you could probably guess I was playing 2k with my boys.

"Delete your myplayer, bro." Meek said causing me to laugh.

"Shut up, my shot is broke. That's B's trash ass WiFi."

She kicked me and I glanced at her with a smile. "I'm playing, babe." I whispered.

"Turn this off. I want attention." She complained.

"Girl, no." I said and continued to play. "Meek, go grab your pure sharp, I'm about to bring out my rim protector. Deuce, keep your playmaking sharpshooter out."

They both listened to me and with our new lineup, we began winning. We were on a 6 game streak before B started bugging me again.

"Shawn!"

"Why you calling me by my government? They can hear you and shit." I complained. I hated when she called me anything other than Jay or Baby, it made me feel like I was in trouble... which I was.

"I have a question." She said sternly. I rolled my eyes internally as my boys made noises over the mic.

"Uh oh. Hov in trouble." The guy Deuce said calling me by part of my username. (HovSince96)

"Don't mute us!" Meek said. "I gotta hear the question."

"If y'all don't shut up." I chuckled before muting my mic. "What's up, B?"

"Why did you post this on your Instagram story?" I bit the inside of my lip and ignored her question, continuing to play the game.

"Um, hello. I know you heard me." She waved her hand in my face.

I sucked my teeth. "Post what, yo?"

"You know what you posted." I did know exactly what she was referring to. It was a video of black women doing sexual things with cucumbers at a pool party and I made the caption that said something along the lines of 'this is why I'm dating white women now.'

"Aye, move now. I don't question you about what you post. I'm a grown ass man, I do what the fuck I wanna do."

She frowned and sat up immediately. "I don't like what you just said. I'm going to give you one chance to take it back before I get mad."

I kept my gaze towards her in case she tried to sneak me. "I apologize, I didn't mean that. I didn't mean for it to come out that way. Please don't take my social media seriously, babe. You know what's up."

"Who you trying to impress on there?"

"Nobody, man. I get on Instagram to joke, I barely know them people."

She sucked her teeth, "fuck you." She removed her feet from my lap and got up.

She stood up and walked away. I sighed and laid my head back. Why would I say that? "B!" I yelled after her, but all I heard was her slam the door and keep it moving. "Wow."

She stayed in her room all the way until it was time for her to make dinner. The kids ran downstairs and came to talk to me about something I wasn't paying too much attention to. "Egy let me play fortnite on his account and I killed somebody!" London said with a lot of excitement.