13.

Beyoncé.

"I can't do it, B

"I can't do it, B." I heard Jay say causing me to frown at my phone immediately.

"What, why?" It had literally only been three days.

"It hurts. I'm trying to get London up for school and go to work, but I can't." He complained.

"It takes time. Don't you give up yet." I said sternly as if I was talking to my son.

"I just..." He stopped to sigh.

"You know what... You should just come stay with me for a little while." I said cutting him off feeling slightly crazy right after. "We're doing this together, right? It's not permanent, just stay until we get through this. Let me help you."

I know it actually sounded crazy. We had only known each other for a few months, but like I said, it isn't permanent. Just for 2-3 weeks. Until the storm of withdrawals pass. I know he isn't a psychopath, so it should be fine. And I have a gun if I needed to use it.

"Man-"

"No, Jay. You can stay with me. I have an extra room for London and you can sleep next to me."

"Next to you?"

"Yes, but nothing like that. I promise, it's just so I can make sure you're okay."

"You mean to babysit me?"

"Call it what you want. Just let me help you help me. I wouldn't want London seeing you like that and you having her miss school because you're struggling to get up."

"True, but aye, I'll think about that. I don't want to burden you."

I rolled my eyes. "I swear you're not. You're helping me just as I'm helping you."

"Anyway." He said changing the subject. "How was work?"

I rolled my eyes and pursed my lips as if he could see me. "Fine. You?"

"Horrible, B. My back was killing me. I had to go home early."

"Take some vacation days then, Jay. You have to do something."

"Nah." He said dismissively.

"Whatever, I'm finna call you back later." I was irritated at his whole stubborn attitude. I didn't even feel like continuing our conversation.

"What? What's the problem?"

"Nothing, you're annoying and I need a drink. Bye." I rushed.

"Don't-" he started, but I cut him off when I hung up on him. It was rude, but I didn't care in the slightest.

I tossed my phone aside and headed to the kitchen to start on dinner. Egypt wanted me to make steak, so that's what I was going to do. I ignored the aching sensation in my head as I walked around the kitchen gathering everything I needed.