19.

Shawn.

I stared my pathetic baby mother in the face as London ran up to hug her

I stared my pathetic baby mother in the face as London ran up to hug her. "Mommy!" London exclaimed and hugged her tightly.

She blind sided me. I pulled up to my house and there she was, parked outside. We got out of the car and she did too. Meeting us on the porch.

"Hi, sweetheart. Mommy misses you so much." Mariah said in a sincere voice that I was conflicted about.

"You never call." London said and I snickered. Baby girl was right. She never called all she did was mail cards for the holidays and birthdays with two handwritten sentences.

"Well that's because-"

"Why? Mariah, why are you even here? What happened now?" I said cutting her off, not wanting to hear her sorry excuse this time.

"Could we speak privately, Jay?... please?"

I clinched my teeth. "Baby girl, go play." I said to London with out looking at her, but she knew I was talking to her.

She frowned slightly, but walked away anyway after mumbling an 'okay.'

"Jay," Mariah started. "I just... I just want to apologize. I haven't been the best mother that I could be to our daughter and-"

"Why you apologizing to me and not her?"

"Let me finish." She sighed. "I'm taking responsibility for my actions. I'm going to move back here... to be with y'all. I need you, Jay. And I need our little girl too."

I shook my head as she pulled on my heart strings. This was a trap, it had to be. I had to stand my ground. I straightened my posture. "What happened in California, Mariah?"

"It's hard. It's hard when no one is in your corner." She grabbed both of my hands. "I just miss... you and her. Can I be with you tonight?"

Beyoncé.

Walking through target my face dropped when I saw Jay there

Walking through target my face dropped when I saw Jay there. I hadn't heard from him in almost 3 days, so I definitely felt some type of way seeing that he was alive and well. He was just choosing not to talk to me. I was on my way over to him, but another woman beat me to it.