11.

Beyoncé.

Not talking to Jay felt weird, but I needed a minute

Not talking to Jay felt weird, but I needed a minute. No lie after that night at his house I wanted to take it further with him, but I just knew I couldn't. I wasn't ready and neither was he. We both have demons we have to sort out before we can go any further.

It has only been about a week since it happened and I haven't talked to him at all. We both needed space.

I didn't want him thinking anything more would happen. I adore him, most definitely, but not in that way. It's just something that we aren't ready for. Well I know for sure I'm not.

"Egypt!" I yelled as I was getting ready to walk out of the door. He was feeling better and was back to getting on my nerves.

"I'm finishing my breakfast!"

"Come on!" I groaned. I told him I needed to leave earlier and he said he understood, but was still taking his time.

"I'm about to leave you."

"Okay."

"Nigga, get up and come on!"

I heard him suck his teeth and soon saw him appear in front of me. "Suck your teeth again and you're going to be picking them up off of the floor."

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"I told you we had to leave early and you still taking your time."

We went out to the car and I sped off in the direction of his school. I felt more irritated today because I been trying to hold off on the drinks. It wasn't working because I really needed one.

"Bye, Egypt. Have a good day." I told him before he got out. "Love you!"

I pulled off and headed to my destination. I had scheduled a hair appointment for early in the morning so I could make it to work on time. Seeing as though Egypt didn't too much care about my appointment, I'm going to be late to both.

As soon as I walked in, I had to hear her mouth. "Damn, bitch. I open my shop up early for you and you disrespect me by getting here late?!"

"Onika, calm your titties. I tried to get here, but Egypt was taking his time."

"Mhm... Whatever. How is my godson?" She questioned.

"He's fine. Just got over a flu or something. But he's back to his normal annoying self." I sat in the chair and and she immediately went to take the ponytail holder out of my hair. She began to comb it out causing me to moan and groan.

"Beyoncé, if you don't stop."

"Girl, if YOU don't stop. You heavy handed and that shit hurt."

My hair was an absolute curly mess right now. So combing through these curls was hurting. "Wet it or something."