29.

I sat at the dinner table helping the kids with homework. B said she'd be back later because she went to get her hair and nails done. She dropped the kids off with me and headed straight back out.

I was trying to get them to focus on the homework, but they both kept venturing off into their own conversations. They were in the same class, so the homework was identical. It wasn't hard either, I just needed them to pay attention.

"Can y'all stop gossiping for 20 minutes while we finish this homework?" I questioned. They both stopped and looked at me.

"Jay, can you just do it for me?" Egypt asked and grinned right after.

"Nigga, no. You do it. You just learned it 3 hours ago, come on."

"Daddy, can we have a snack first?" London complained.

"Oh my God." I groaned and put my head on the table. B always did this and I'm trying to help her out by taking her place today, but I'm about to just let them wait until she gets back. "No, London. You can have a snack after you're finished. There's your motivation. Let's get to it."

2 agonizing hours later, I heard Beyoncé coming through the door followed by the sound of her kicking the heels off of her feet. Then she rounded the corner and saw us at the table... still.

"Y'all just starting homework?!" She asked in disbelief.

"No! We've been here for hours on end." I complained while the kids found that humorous.

She laughed and came over to kiss my lips. "Not as easy as you thought, huh?"

"Not even close. You down to take over? The boys want me to get online."

"And no, finish what you started."

"Hi, babies. Y'all okay?" They both nodded and she went to my room to change I assume. We finished up the homework about ten minutes later and B was walking back in. "Finally." She mumbled. "I'm hungry, babe. What's to eat?"

"I got some left over chipotle you can have. It's steak with queso and guac."

"Then what can the kids eat?"

I shrugged. "They not even hungry."

"Yes I am!" London yelled over me.

"Damn, well I don't know what they finna eat."

"Order them a pizza." She whispered. "Or cook something."

"I'm not cooking. You can order them a pizza." I handed her my phone. "I'm going to go play the game. All my passwords are saved so order from where you want and use Apple Pay so you won't need to look at my card it's easy like that."

"Okay." She said simply and took my phone. I kissed her head and headed downstairs.

"You know my password right?!" I yelled from halfway down the steps.

"96623!"

"Okay yeah just yell it for the world to know!" I said shaking my head.

I didn't go back upstairs until almost 10:00. The kids were long gone and all of the lights were turned off. I went in the kitchen to put the pizza away in the fridge.

Quickly going up the steps, I saw London asleep in her bed and Egypt was up watching tv on the air mattress. "You good?" I whispered to him and nodded his head.

Closing the door softly, I headed back down to my room. "Finally." B said looking at me over her phone. "I thought you were going to sleep down there with your boys."