20.

Shawn.

I'm conflicted

I'm conflicted... Do I choose my first love who has let me down multiple times before or my new found love who has done so much for me in the short time that we've known each other? The answer seems so obvious, but I can't find it in my soul to stop loving Mariah.

I've had dreams of us being a family for years... until I met Beyoncé. Now I'm not so sure. Man, I'm so fucked up right now.

I looked at Mariah after taking a small sip of my hot tea. She and London fell asleep on the couch after playing with dolls all afternoon.

Tea always calmed my nerves and ever since I left B's place a few days ago my mind had been running nonstop. I tried reaching out to her, but she continued to brush me off. I really would love to be with her or work toward being with her, but Mariah just made my whole mind fuzzy.

Mariah could easily be pulling the same bull shit that she used to, but this time just seems so genuine... man, I don't know.

I made my way to the kitchen in search of some snacks. All I found was a fruit cup and some oreos, I really needed to go snack shopping. ASAP.

Leaving them to nap on the couch, I headed down to my "man cave" and powered up my PlayStation. Immediately seeing Meek and Zi were on, I joined their party and made myself known. "What's up, niggas. The goat has entered the chat. What y'all playing? Hop on black ops."

Meek laughed. "No nigga. We running 2's we on a 8 game win streak."

"Fuck y'all streak. Let's play squads on that blackout."

It was Zi's turn to laugh. "Uncle Jay, you crazy. Get on 2k so we can drop you off."

"Man, just get on Black ops when y'all bum ass niggas lose. I'm bout to do a few rounds of team death match."

For the rest of the night I played the game with my boys only being disrupted once when Mariah handed me a plate of food. See, she could be wifey when she wanted to.

After dinner, I was beginning to get tired of playing the game. London came and joined me in the basement after her mother left.

"Mommy gone, I locked the door." London spoke sitting her ass on the arm of my recliner. I nodded to let her know I heard her.

"I miss BB." London said laying her head on my shoulder. I didn't respond right away because I didn't really know what to say. "Egypt said he'd ask her if I could come over. Can we call her?" I knew she wanted something that's why she came and sat so close to me.

"She's busy, baby girl."

"How do you know?"

I shrugged. "I just do." She sucked her teeth and began to get up. "Suck your teeth again... I dare you." She sighed softly and headed to her room I'm guessing.