23.

"Mommy." Egypt called opening his mother's door slowly being sure not to anger her. It was going on 1pm and he hadn't heard from her all day. Solo had dropped him off at 9am and let him in because Beyoncé wasn't answering. Egypt knew his mother hated being woken up, but it was getting late and they both needed to eat.

Being 7 years old didn't stop Egypt from worrying about his mother. He was her biggest protector and he was willing to fight for her if it came down to it.

Beyoncé groaned a little and peaked her eyes open. She pulled the blanket up to her chest when she realized her son was coming in her room. She knew right then that she'd slept too long. "What time is it?"

"12:53. You okay?" Egypt asked before climbing up on her bed to sit. "You been sleeping all day." He pointed out.

"mhm. When did you get here?" Beyoncé asked in her husky morning voice.

Egypt shrugged. "Early this morning. Solo got me breakfast, but I'm hungry again."

"Okay, I'll find something for lunch. Get out, I'm naked."

He made a funny grossed out face before bolting to the door.

After he left, B swung the blanket off of her body and attempted to get up. She immediately felt the soreness between her legs and groaned. 🥴

"Damn it, Shawn." She mumbled as she sat on the edge of her bed. She let the thoughts of him linger a little bit too much as she felt herself ready to call him. She shook that thought away wrapped her body in a silk robe.

She headed downstairs to join her son in the kitchen. She looked around the kitchen and pantry for a few minutes.

"I don't feel like cooking." B realized when she'd been searching the fridge for something to eat for lunch.

"Can we go get a chicken box then?" Egypt asked being hopeful. He expected her to say no, but when she said yes he wasted no time running upstairs to get dressed.

B went ahead and did the same. Just deciding to throw on a sweatsuit.

"Come on, Egy

"Come on, Egy. Let's go." B announced heading for the door. He followed right behind her and hopped in the car. She drove them to the underground chicken spot where they always bought their chicken boxes. Nobody did food like people in the hood. That's facts.

"I like your hair." Beyoncé said finally noticing the box braids/plaits Solange had put in his hair. It looked a lot neater than his curly fro that he refused to cut. Both were cute to Beyoncé, but the braids were something new.