24.

"Uncle Jay, you suck." Zi said after Jay blew a wide open 3 pointer on 2k. They were playing in the neighborhood and had lost like 4 games in a row. Jay wasn't helping much at all.

"Man fuck this game." Jay groaned. "This shit cheating big time. It won't stop lagging and my man can't make a shot for nothing. I'm getting off. Hop on, rainbow six."

"Y'all trying to run squads on fortnite?" Zi asked.

"Hell no, nigga." Meek responded immediately. "I'm not playing that weak ass fortnite shit. Run TDM on call of duty."

"Word." Jay agreed as he closed out 2k and opened up black ops 4.

"Fine." Zi gave in.

Jay checked his phone seeing zero new notifications. He sighed softly and opened the thread that once belonged to Beyoncé. He'd already sent her like 7-8 messages that wouldn't deliver.

He didn't want to sound like a softy, but he was definitely feeling used. He was in complete disbelief that someone could use him in such a way, for sex. It's usually the other way around. Men use women, but B had changed the game for sure.

"Jay!" He heard making him snap from his thoughts. "I know you saw all them invites I sent you." Meek complained through the headset.

"My bad, here I come now." He accepted the invitation and they quickly started a match.

Jay adjusted his pillow and reclined his chair further. His back pain was radiating once again. He tried tell himself that it was all in his head, but he couldn't seem to shake the feeling. The only thing he could do was try to keep his mind off of it. That was simply by playing his video game.

After Jay peacefully played Black ops for about 2 matches, London came down the stairs. "Daddy, I'm bored." She said standing behind him and wrapping her arm around his shoulders.

"Okay." He mumbled as he tried to focus on the game. She started messing with him. Covering his eyes, mouth, and swatting at the controller.

"Londeezy, I'm about to knock you out if you don't stop."

"I'm bored." She repeated.

"I'm your father, not your entertainment system."

"Daddyyyyy." She groaned.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Play dollies." She said with a wide grin. "We haven't played in a long time."

Jay sighed. "I'm playing the game right now, London. Try playing on your expensive iPad that you begged me to buy you."

It was London's turn to sigh. "Can you take me to play with one of my friends?"

"Girl, no. It's a school night. Matter of fact, here." Jay handed London his cell phone. "Call your mother and tell her to come see you."

London squealed in excitement and ran off with the phone. "Call MiMi on FaceTime." London said to Siri.

'Making a FaceTime call to MiMi...'

"Jay." Mariah answered.

"Mommy, it's me!" London giggles.

"Hi, baby! You okay?"

"Yes, I wanted you to come see me pleeeeaaaassseee. I miss you, mommy. And I'm bored." London whined trying to use her 'cute' voice to guilt trip her mother.

"Okay. Give me a few minutes and I'll come."

"Yay!" London soon ended the call and ran back downstairs to return the phone to her father. "Mommy coming." She announced.