Chapter 7 (Rosie's POV)

It's Monday once again and I am dreading school, what if Carly beats me up again? Although she did seem pretty terrified of Mr Woodbridge so then again, she might not. At least I hope so. I am looking forward to maths tutor because today, Mr Woodbridge says that he has an exciting opportunity for me.

It's been a long and exhausting day today. Luckily, I have seen no sign of Carly and her gang of pigs today. Maybe Mr Woodbridge did scare them off. Excitedly, I open the door to classroom 223 and see Mr Woodbridge at his desk writing some notes. He looks up and smiles at me. "Oh, Rosie! Excellent to see you again." He greets me, shaking my hand. He gestures over for me to take a seat opposite him. "Thanks, what are we doing today? Oh, and what's this exciting opportunity thing?" I ask curiously taking my maths book from the pile on the desk. "Mmm-yes. I know how much you love maths so um-there's this competition open to get into the top mathematics and science college and I signed you up. I hope that's ok." He says handing me a letter. That's fantastic! I skim read the letter and find out it's for 'London's Specialist Science And Mathematics College. "Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!" I say ecstatically, maybe a little too much. "So I was thinking that I can teach you everything for the exams in this tutor. Sorry for the short notice but um-exams are next month." Mr Woodbridge says apologetically. A month?! That's quick. "Wow. How are we going to get that all done in just a couple weeks?" I question him. "I was thinking that if you would like to, we can do this every Monday, Wednesday and Friday after school."
"Of course! Anything to get into the college."

"Rosie, would you mind a little dance? I can teach you a few moves." Sherlock says unexpectedly whilst I am sitting on the couch reading 'Jane Eyre'. Sherlock dances?! I thought when Dad told me that he was joking, he did say that Sherlock likes to dance. He's brilliant at teaching me how to play violin, so why not dance? "Sure." I say placing my book beside me and joining him in the middle of the room. He outstretches his large hand and I take it in mine. "Do you know how to twirl?" He questions me. "Um-ish." I say awkwardly. "All you have to do is twirl around whilst I hold your hand. Give it a try?" He prompts. Hesitating for a second, I twirl around on the spot. He smiles brightly at me. "Excellent!" So this is what he does in his spare time when he's not solving crimes or pranking Anderson. Letting go of my hand, he tells me to 'stand back' as he stands on one foot and does a 360 degree loop. I applause him as he winks asking me if I would like to try in which I nod yes. "Yes, that's it. Stand on one leg, kick off and spin around." 1, 2, 3, turn. "Bravo!" He applauses, giving my hair a ruffle. "Why exactly are we doing this?" I ask laughing. "Elementary, my dear Watson." Sherlock turns the stereo on, letting it play 'The Waltz of the Flowers' by Tchaikovsky. "Come on Watson, I'd be lost without my dancer." Once again I take hold of his hand and for the next hour we dance along and around the flat mostly to Tchaikovsky. I never knew Sherlock was such a brilliant dancer.