Chapter 26 (John's POV)

I am drenched from head to toe in the London rain sat in one of Mycroft's posh velvet chairs. My grey hair is soaked and I can feel the dampness of the strands caress my forehead. Mycroft is sat at his desk opposite with his usual pique countenance looking me over. "Why have you come John?" He asks. "I need your help." I request. "What with?"
"Finding my daughter."
"Surely Sherlock is helping you?" My heart aches at the mention of Sherlock. I clear my throat. "Not anymore." He looks surprised to my answer as he forms another question. "Did something happen between you?" Tell him the truth John. "Uh-no. I just would prefer your help." Mycroft nods his head, contemplating what to say next. "How very thoughtful of you John. As you already know, I am trying my best."
"Yes, but you need to hurry up." Mycroft takes offence to my demand, his eyes sparking with menace. "Don't antagonise me John. It doesn't make for a very good reputation." He warns me but I decide not to take note. "But she's with Eurus! You know how despicable she is! Think of what she could be doing to her!" I raise my voice in displeasure upon being provoked. What could I expect from Mycroft? Downcast, my head falls into my hand. Mycroft sighs in trepidation, thinking back to the trauma and torment after being held captive by his sister. "I am aware of that John, and I'm sorry." He speaks sympathetically. "I don't need your sympathy Mycroft, what I need is my daughter!" I state angrily. "All we can do for now is wait John. We have no way of accessing the island as it is on lockdown. I know my sister, if what you say is true, Rosie will still be alive. She wants us to panic, to come get Rosie."
"I just hope to God she is. I've already lost her mother." I say mournfully. "I'm guessing that you would like to stay here after your fallout with Sherlock."
"Yes. I can't face him right now. I don't want to."
"I feel like that all the time John-and he's my brother. There is a spare bedroom upstairs that you are welcome to use."
"Thanks."

Beep beep. My phone vibrates alerting me that I have received a text. I pick it up from my bedside table and view the message. It's from Sherlock:

John, I'm sorry. I can't bare it here without you, staring at your empty chair. Come back to me please and we'll find her together.
-SH

I scoff and decide to ignore it. I don't want anything to do with that monster. All I want is my daughter. Who knows what Eurus is doing with her? After past experiences, I know that it's something dastardly. It's unbearable, the thought of your only child in peril. Will I ever get her back? One miracle Rosie, just one, don't be dead. That's all I ask, please. Beep beep. Another bloody text. Out of sheer curiosity as for what he has to say next, I view the message. Except it's not from Sherlock. The message is from an unknown number.

Rock-a-bye Rosie, at the island
When the wind blows, the mother will laugh.
When the bond breaks, the fathers will fall,
And down will come Rosie, mem'rie and all.

It's another nursery rhyme that's been adapted to fit with Eurus' malicious deeds. My mouth gapes open in horror, heart thudding and beads of sweat forming. What does all of this mean? Should I ask Mycroft? No, time to do some deductions of my own for once. 'Rock-a-bye Rosie, at the island'. It must mean Rosie being held captive at Sherrinford. 'When the wind blows, the mother will laugh'. The wind as in Eurus, I don't know about 'the mother', but whatever it is, they will laugh. 'When the bond breaks, the fathers will fall'. Meaning that all of this grief has broken our bond and that myself and Sherlock are over? 'And down will come Rosie, mem'rie and all'. Rosie might...die and it has something to do with her memory. No, I won't let it happen. I'll rescue my daughter no matter what risk. She must be safe at all costs.