Chapter VI - Nightmares or Reality

Waking up with a cold sweat and falling out of his bed, Lotor was breathing heavily. What horrible nightmare he had. He kept dreaming of fighting Voltron in the rift with his own Voltron and growing completely mad. Surely, this was not real. The past seemed like a complete blur. Was what he was dreaming his reality? Lotor took a pencil and started to sketch his Voltron from what he remembered from his dream. Every single time he closed his eyes more memories started to come back to him of the great battle he had with team Voltron. He started to remember how angry he was, and how he wanted to rule the whole universe. His whole cell was filled with pictures he sketched of the battle. He did not believe what he drew; he didn't believe he was capable of such a monstrosity. He did not want rule by force like Zarkon, but with unity, what changed his values.

The next morning Wilder came to visit Lotor.

"Wow, did you even sleep last night?"

Wilder could see sketches stretched across Lotor's cell. Lotor was looking outside his small window.

"You need to bring my ship's communication log."

Wilder looked puzzled. "Why do you want it?"

Lotor walked closer to the bars of his cell. "I need to hear my voice, I need to know that what is on these pieces of paper are not true, that I couldn't have become a monster like my father."

"I know you are trying to piece together your past, but I think it is a bad idea, to hear yourself going completely mad," Wilder said in a concerned voice.

"These last couple of days all I have been having is nightmares that will not go away. I need to know the truth, I need to know if I truly became a monster that night." Lotor screamed.

"Calm down, Lotor, you need to relax. Not sleeping is making you go a little crazy at the present. If you really want to see the communication log, I will retrieve it for you, but you need to relax. What was one thing that made you feel at ease?"

Lotor looked around his room and realized he stopped writing his letter to Allura when he started to have nightmares.

"Since every time I close my eyes I see nightmares of my past, I will continue my letter to Allura. Hopefully, this will bring me some solace. Thank you, Wilder, I know I cannot call you my friend, since I don't deserve one, but thank you."

With that Lotor went back to his bed and continued writing his letter to Allura. Wilder walked off and asked himself what he has gotten himself into?