Chapter XXXVIII - The Unexpected

"Lotor, I wanted to tell you when this was all done, but unfortunately Honerva has spoiled it," replied Allura.

"Allura how could you jeopardize the well being of our child and Wilder you allowed this? Fury rose in Lotor.

"Ahh, it seems the love of your life is hiding secrets. How do even know those bastards are even yours?" questioned Honerva.

"Witch shut up," shouted Lotor as he turned his stare to both of Wilder and Allura.

"When did you find out you were with child?" asked Lotor.

"Don't be angry with her Lotor. She found out one month after you were kidnapped with Romelle. If she had the means to communicate with you on Oriande she would have told you. I wanted her to tell you the truth once the two of you were reunited, but she wanted me to keep quiet about the babies as she knew you wouldn't let her fight in the battle against Honerva. So I said nothing. Lotor please don't fault her. She just doesn't want to lose you again," bellowed Wilder.

"Wilder you don't have to defend my actions. Lotor I would never endanger our children. All I want to do is to end this war. Yes, my actions were selfish, but could you blame me?" shouted Allura.

Lotor could see tears falling from Allura's cheek: "No I don't fault you, I just wish you told me sooner my love. I am sorry to get upset with you."

"Oh how touching, " said Honerva.

"Witch you are not going anywhere. Its three against one" shouted Wilder.

"You can't underestimate her, but what she doesn't understand is that Allura is not the only one with alchemic powers," said Lotor.

"You have alchemic powers?" questioned Wilder.

"You three are not strong enough to take me down. This bomb will go out and take out everything and everyone in its destruction. You will never win," shouted Honerva

"I know we can't take you down with our weapons, but Lotor and I will take you down with our minds alone," Allura yelled at Honerva.

"Ha, take me down with your minds. The two of you are not strong alchemists to take me down," said Honerva.

"We aren't but everyone else outside is," exclaimed Allura.

"What are your considering Allura," Lotor turned to look at her.

"Is everyone in place Keith?" asked Allura.

"Yes, even Romelle brought the other Alteans down. They know what Honerva is planning and they will do what you say," replied Keith.

"See Honerva you are alone, even the Alteans have turned against you," shouted Allura.

"We shouldn't show her mercy. If we don't kill her now she will forever haunt our lives. Wilder, what say you?" Lotor asked Wilder.

"As much as I wanted to kill her Lotor, I cannot bring myself to do it, and neither should you. You are better than this Lotor. Be better for your unborn children," proclaimed Wilder.

"Very well, Allura what do you have in mind?" asked Lotor.

Allura placed her hands on the ground as she did for on Balmara. Lotor followed suit.All the Alteans, Garrison crew, and palidans outside did the same thing. Everyone gave their quintessence to the planet.

"What is happening? What are you doing?" Honerva questioned Allura.

"Doing the unexpected," said Allura.

The whole planet became engulfed with a blue aura. "What you didn't expect was for everyone to sacrifice their quintessence to protect this planet and the rest of the galaxy from your bomb. Even if you set it off, it will not destroy this planet. Either way, you lose. All my life Honerva I looked up to you and admired your work, but now all I see is a shell of a once great scientist who became corrupted by quintessence. Just give up," declared Lotor.

"I will never surrender to you and the coalition," yelled Honerva.

Honerva tried to detonate the bomb, but the blue aura surrounded that as well.

"How is this possible?" screamed Honerva.

The aura was so strong that it caused the bomb to disarm.

With the bomb disarmed, Allura passed out due to exhaustion. Lotor rushed to her side. With his back exposed. Honerva tried to take a shot at Lotor, but Wilder got to Honerva first and instantly killed her with his weapon.

Allura, Lotor, and Wilder turned to face the lifeless body of Honerva lying face down in a pool of water.

"Is she dead?" questioned Allura.

Lotor and Wilder went to the lifeless body of Honerva. He turned it over and her body aged exponentially. The body no longer looked like Honerva. Just skin and bones.

"I guess that is what happened when your body is not fueled with quintessence anymore," said Wilder.

"Indeed," replied Lotor.

"I know you did not have a connection with her Lotor, but we should at least give her a burial, after all, she was your birth mother," declared Allura.

"I agree with Allura, we should bury her," replied Wilder.

Lotor reluctantly agreed.

He and Wilder help dig a shallow grave and placed Honerva's remains on it. Wilder made a makeshift cross and placed it at the head of the covered grave.

When they were done, Lotor picked up Allura and carried her out with Wilder leading the way.

"So twins, that is unexpected," Lotor chuckled as Allura snuggled her head on Lotor's chest.