Chapter XXVI - The Proposal

Two pheobs had passed since Honerva took Lotor and Romelle from the Atlas. Since the time they arrived Lotor and Romelle settled their differences to one another. Lotor would devise plans to escape, but every time Honerva would stop them. It wasn't until Lotor figured out that the necklace that Honerva gave Romelle on her arrival to Oriande, was what she used to spy on Lotor and Romelle with. However ever since he broke the necklace, Honerva keeps a close eye on the two. It was morning and Lotor found himself sitting across from Romelle having breakfast. It was their usual routine set up by Honerva as a way to watch them.

"Lotor, I am so bored here. When do you think team Voltron will come to our rescue? I can't go another day listening to your mother go on and on how we will rule the universe once we are married. No offense, I don't want to marry you," said Romelle.

"Don't worry, once we take down my mother and her forces, we can marry who we choose. My choice has always been Allura. However I think the logical step is to go thru with the marriage," stated Lotor.

"What, we can't get married, what would Allura say. She will hate me," said Romelle.

Lotor stood up and went to look out the window. The landscape of Oriande pales in comparison to Allura's beauty. "All my life, I researched about Oriande. Everyone chalked it up to be just a folk tale. But when Allura and I came here, I thought I was finally going to learn its secrets and help the colony, but my Galra side wouldn't let me receive it. Though I was angry, I was happy for Allura. I saw how much joy it brought her and that made me happy. I wanted to take her back one day, but now that I am here, all I wish is to be with her," said Lotor.

"What do we plan on doing? Honerva will know we are planning something if we out of the blue tell we accept getting married," replied Romelle

Lotor pulled a seat next to Romelle and said "We will let her think she has the upper hand. I have a way of manipulating people. It is something I picked up throughout my lifetime. Honerva gave me access to a control panel, and I found a planet not from here where we can get married on, though we won't go thru with it. At least having the wedding on a neutral planet, Allura and the palidans will be able to rescue us and use Voltron to take Honerva and her forces down."

"So I guess we have to act all lovey-dovey in front of your mother? I will try my best not to give up our charade.," said Romelle.

"You have to put on the best performance of your life. If you falter, Honerva will see right thru you and we will never see team Voltron again. We have to be on point around her, promise me this Romelle," stated Lotor

Romelle nodded "I promise Lotor."

Lotor stood up and called for a guard "Send forth my mother, I wish to tell her something important."

One of the guards went quickly to get Honerva.