Chapter XL - Farewell

It has been one deca-phoeb since Allura and Lotor were married. They decided to work with the inhabitants of planet Colevic to make this the new home of the all the remaining Alteans from the colony as it was close to Oriande. Dayak showed up in the middle of Allura's pregnancy to be her midwife, though Lotor thought otherwise. The palidans and the Garrison crew helped the Alteans in getting set up on the planet by helping with growing vegetation, creating housing, and setting up a hospital and communication center so they could communicate with the rest of the coalition.

Lotor came out of his house with one of the twins in his arms as Shiro approached him.

"It seems your team has done a good job with everything. We cannot thank you enough. Well it seems little Aurora can't thank you enough," proclaimed Lotor.

"Can't believe we are leaving today. I am really sad I won't get to see these little ones grow up. I got so attached to the two of them," said Shiro.

"You will always be in their lives Shiro, all of you. It's not like we are going to stay here forever. We will visit Earth. From what Allura has told me, its quite a fascinating planet. I can't wait to show the twins the new coalition capital," said Lotor.

"Well when you do visit, I have to take you out for a beer," Shiro chuckled.

"What is a beer?" questioned Lotor.

"Oh you will find out soon enough," smiled Shiro.

Allura came out next, with a blanket over her as she was feeding Alfor.

"So Shiro I guess this is goodbye for now. I can't believe our journey has come to an end," said Allura with tears falling on her cheeks.

All the other palidans came to say their goodbyes.

"Oh man, I thought I wasn't going to cry, but damn it Allura you were like a big sister to me. This is so hard to say goodbye to you," cried Pidge.

"I know right, we were all like family, Coran as our grandpa, Shiro our space dad," cried Hunk.

"Space uncle Hunk," Shiro corrected him.

"I would never have found my mom if it wasn't for Voltron," declared Keith.

Everyone looked at Lance to say something, but he ended up balling his eyes out. Romelle put her arms around him.

"Still can't believe Romelle and Lance ended up getting married, I guess opposites attract," said Pidge to Hunk as she wiped her tears off her face.

"Well we still have to pick up Shay, I promised her I would cook her favorite dish on our way back to Earth," replied Hunk.

Hunk and Pidge gave their hugs to both Allura, Lotor, and Coran and headed to their respective lions.

Lance and Romelle said their goodbyes and headed for his.

Keith and Shiro also hugged Lotor and Allura and went to their respective lion and ship.

"Farewell, palidans we will never forget all you have done for the coalition," proclaimed Lotor.

All the Alteans came out to wish them off.

As the Atlas and lions rose above the clouds, Wilder came to Lotor.

"So Wilder, you probably be will be on your way as well?" asked Lotor.

"Are the two of you trying to get rid of me?" replied Wilder.

"No, I just thought," said Lotor.

"Well, you thought wrong. I have nowhere to go and nothing to do, besides you will need a second in command to help you run this place. Well if the two of you will have me that is," asked Wilder.

"Of course we would have you be our second in command here. I am just used to friends moving on in their lives," said Lotor.

"Hey, you got me for the long haul buddy. I mean the twins need their uncle Wilder to show them fun adventures, plus their dad as well," laughed Wilder.

"Well the twins and future sibling," smiled Lotor.

"She's pregnant again, oh quiznak," laughed Wilder.

Lotor smiled at Wilder: "Well since you will be my second in command, I need you to take care of some things, sorry to rush you into your post."

"It's alright, I'm used to it. By the way, not to pry or anything, what was in the letter you wanted to me to give to Allura so long ago" asked Wilder.

"Just Altean and Galra poetry about love I learned throughout my lifetime that expressed how much Allura meant to me," replied Lotor.

"So you knew all this time that you and Allura would end up together, no matter what happened," said Wilder.

Lotor just gave Wilder a smile entered his home with Aurora in his arms and thus there was peace in the universe for now, until the next adventure.

The End

******************************************************************************************

I can't believe I am officially done.  I wrote this story to give one of the most complex characters on Voltron Legendary Defender a happy ending. I just hope the last season does do him justice.  I want to thank the Dreamworks and the creators of the show for making an amazing show. If only they could have done a show just on Lotor alone. I just want to say thank you to those who have been following this story. Thank you again and as the last chapter says Farewell.