Chapter XXIII - A Slice of Pie

As Lotor finished devouring the pie that Hunk made, Hunk wanted to bring some to Pidge and her father Sam in the science wing. Lotor agreed to help Hunk bring some slices to them, though he wanted to selfishly eat them himself.

"Lotor I can tell you want those slices, but it's for Pidge and her dad. They have been working hard to make the shields of the Atlas to withstand and hit from the Altean Robeasts. Don't worry, if you come for one of my cooking classes, you can have all the sweets you want," chuckled Hunk.

"Don't worry paladin, I won't eat these, I promise," smiled Lotor.

Lotor and Hunk walked and talked quite a bit until they reached the science wing of the Atlas. The door opened and Lotor saw a lot of people working in the area. Some working on weapons, some working with the MFE planes, and then he saw Pidge and Sam. Lotor and Hunk walked up to them with the plates of pie. Pidge turned around to say thank you to Hunk, but when she saw Lotor, she jumped out of her seat and shouted, "What is he doing here, let alone, why are you with him Hunk?"

At that moment Sam, Pidge's father put a hand on her shoulder and said: "Katie, you need to calm down."

"Dad how can I calm down, when all this is his fault. We have a war on our hands because he could not come clean with killing all those Alteans," exclaimed Pidge.

"Pidge, you need to get a grip, Lotor and I spoke and he has nothing to hide. He has been more open with me and Keith, then when he was on the Castle of Lions all those deca-phoebs ago and for the record, those Alteans were in stasis and were not dead," said Hunk.

"What the yellow palidan is true, I never killed those Alteans. I needed to replenish their quintessence with what I found in the Rift. I needed to heal them from the mutation that was eventually going to kill them. I know where you are coming from and I apologize profusely. I know it will take a long time to earn your trust," said Lotor.

"I agree with Lotor. If it weren't for him killing his own father, you wouldn't be working with me right now. Lotor could have escaped on a ship with his generals and left you, Matt and Shiro to Zarkon and the Galra, but he didn't. You should be grateful to him because I am," said Sam.

At that moment Sam walked over and shook Lotor's hand "I never really said this to you because I know it took a lot out of you to kill your father, but thank you for reuniting me with my family. I will forever be in your debt."

Lotor was surprised but said: "Your too kind, but I don't deserve your praises. My own goal right now is to make the universe safe again. No more fighting, no more wars, no more death."

"Well, it will take a long time for me to trust you Lotor. I know what I am about to say I might regret, but would you stay and help with the shields. We are trying to figure out how to make the shields strong enough to withstand a hit from any Robeasts. Would you mind helping my dad, Hunk, and myself," asked Pidge.

Lotor smiled and said: "I will help, but right now I have a previous engagement with my co-pilot, Wilder, as we haven't spoken since I have arrived on the ship. However, I will return in 2 vargas if that is alright with your team."

Sam nodded "Yes, that sounds great Lotor. We will see you then."

As Lotor walked out of the science wing, he had a sense of a success. More of the Voltron team was starting to trust him. He used his wrist-com to let Wilder know he was going to meet him in the crew lounge.