Chapter Twenty

Reagan's POV

"You'll need to call the band and tell them you are quitting, do you understand me?" It wasn't quite a question, but more like confirmation that I understood and would agree.

"But-" I started to protest, but Simon hung up.

A tear fell down my nose before I slid down the wall and sat on the floor, making my bruised butt ache.

"What is happening," I breathed as tears filled my eyes again.

I slowly stood up and walked over to the door where my bag was sitting. I picked it up and walked out of Ryan's empty flat.

My whole life is crumbling before my eyes and I don't think I can do anything about it. So I did the only thing I could, yanking my phone out of my back pocket, I unlocked it and opened my contacts. I had been thinking about what I would do if I lost the job for a while now. And I think it's time to set that plan in action.

I shot Ryan a quick text telling him I was going back to my flat for something and not to worry. I trotted down the stairs and was relieved to see only a couple paparazzi standing outside the door.

Safely back in my flat, I pulled down my suitcase from the top of my closet and started throwing things into it. I had figured everything out and it was time to tell the boys what I was going to do. I want to tell the fans the truth, but I'm afraid the boys will get in trouble if I do, so that is going to have to wait till later.

I sat down in my closet and unlocked my phone. The first of the boys on my favorites was Zayn, so I hesitantly tapped his name.

It felt like the phone had been ringing for ages when finally it stopped and Zayn picked up, but didn't say anything. I was silent for a moment as well. They had probably already been informed about me quitting and weren't looking forward to this call either.

"I've made up my mind," I said slowly into my phone. He was still silent, "I have to quit," My voice broke with the word "quit" and a tear ran down my cheek as I tried to stay composed. I waited to see if anybody was going to respond and finally added, "It's been the best three months of my life hanging out with you guys, but I need to leave."

I looked out the window over my bed. It was getting dark. I heard commotion on the other end and then Liam was talking to me. It sounded like he was in actual pain.

"Reagan," he started, "Whatever we had was fun, but I can't keep doing it," I thought I heard him sniff, "You're hurting my image," was the last thing I heard before the line went dead.

I slowly inched the phone away from my ear and threw it out of my closet. My eyes filled with tears and I slammed my suitcase shut. This was not happening.

"What a asshole!" I yelled as I picked up my now cracked phone and shoved it in my purse.

I ran into the kitchen and out of the corner of my eye I saw a yellow sticky note on the center of my marble counter. I picked it up and read the delicate handwriting.

Rea,

Whatever you choose to do, I support you. Just know that I will always be your friend and you can come to me with anything. I'll miss you.

Sarah

I stuffed the note in my purse and grabbed the plaid flannel that was hanging on my coatrack. 

This has been the longest night of my life. I sat down in my seat on the airplane in between Lilian and Seth. My best friends smiled at me as I plugged in my headphones and closed my eyes. Here we go.