Chapter Thirty

Reagan's POV

They guys were dancing. One Direction is doing a dance routine. I can't believe my eyes right now. For some reason Dani was taking a video of this. I was just stunned. The smile on my face kept growing as the song went along. When the "na na" part of the song came they got in a line and did a chorus of moves all at the same time and a few of them looked familiar.

Oh god, they added the running man. Jazz square, rowing, One Thing dance, stop the traffic, let 'em through, screw the light-bulb, pet the dog. By this time, the whole crowd was going crazy and having a lot of fan-girl moments. I even started to freak out a little.

During the slow part, Harry came out on the walk followed by the rest of the guys. They all stopped at a different part of the stage and walked over to the side. I wasn't paying attention and didn't notice Louis came over to Emily as they all sang the slow part. Dani turned her phone to look at Emily and Louis and I was just smiling.

"You don't know your beautiful!

Baby you light up my world like nobody else..."

The song sped up and Louis looked over at me and waved. I smiled and waved back. I had no reason to be upset with him and he just did the nicest thing for Emily. The camera went to a fan waving up on the screen and then I realized the camera was on me. Surprisingly the crown became quieter and I stopped waving before the camera went back to the guys. They ended the song back at the base of the stage and the fans got louder again.

"Thank you!" Harry yelled out into his microphone.

"Did you like the dancing?" Niall yelled and the crowd went wild.

"We worked hard on that, so you better have!" Louis said and laughed, "We just really want to thank you all for supporting us on whatever we do, because it means so much to us!"

"It's been a world wind of a year and the making of the album and we are glad that our first show in the U.S. is here," Liam spoke out and the stadium roared.

"It's been an amazing show here, but it's not over yet. We have one more song for you guys to hear," Zayn said the smile growing on his face.

Dani was still taking a video and I rolled my eyes at her. Seriousness washed over the guys as Liam started to explain the song.

"This was a last minute song, really. I actually finished writing it on the plane ride over here. I had a spark of inspiration when we were talking," he looked around at the band, "I actually went into the toilet and started writing about what I was thinking and feeling. It doesn't have to do with the toilet, don't worry," he giggled a bit, "I wrote it on the things that are happening to us, but mostly me the past few months or so."

The whole stadium was quiet and listening to Liam. He seems nervous. He looked at the guys reassuringly and kept talking.

"This song was in fact written for someone. I just thought you would want to know that. Even though it is, you are more than welcome to take it in any way you choose. This song is called Half a Heart and I really hope you get some sort of message from it," he smiled and looked in our general direction. My heart stopped for a second and I took in a big breath.

The crowd cheered, but not as loud as before. The girls around me were staring daggers into me, probably thinking the song was for me. I highly doubt it. I bet it's for his beautiful new girlfriend. He looked pretty happy with her when they got off the plane. Okay, so maybe I had been looking at the tabloids and the news on them. Mostly Liam...

They lined up as the music began. From left to right: Harry, Zayn, Liam, Niall, Louis. Liam was in the middle and as they started walking down the stretch, they became more of a triangle and Liam looked over at me.

"So your friends been tellin' me

You've been sleepin' with my sweater

And that you can't stop missin' me,"

Liam's flannel. That's what came to my mind right when he started and my mouth gaped a bit. Sarah told him about that? I'm going to have to talk to her.

"Bet my friends been tellin' you

I'm not doin' much better

Cause I'm missin' half of me."

Liam's voice filled the stadium and I looked into his beautiful eyes as he sang. Maybe I over-reacted a bit. Maybe he actually likes me. Maybe I'm the other half...

When his part of the song ended, he just stood there, looking at me. Zayn was singing and he came up to Liam and looked over at me as well. What were they doing? I didn't know what to do, so I just smiled. I glanced behind me and girls were going crazy about the guys sanding so close to them. 

"And being here without you

Is like I'm waking up to

Only half a blue sky

Kinda there, but not quite

I'm walking around with just one shoe

I'm half a heart without you

I'm half a man, at best

With half an arrow in my chest

I miss everything we do

I'm half a heart without you."

Louis started singing and I just focused on the lyrics for the rest of the song. And only one thing kept running through my mind. Maybe Liam was telling the truth; maybe he actually likes me.

"Forget all we said that night

No, it doesn't even matter

Cause we both got split in two"

I was connecting it all. Was this song about me? I know Liam. He wouldn't spend time and effort on something if it didn't mean something to him. The night I left Liam wasn't acting like himself. I shouldn't have let it get to me, but I did. We both got split in two...

My mind is made up. Even if this amazing song isn't about me, I know that Liam didn't want to "fire" me or end any relationship that we had. I finally believe him.

"Though I try to get you outa my head

The truth is I got lost without you

And since then, I've been waking up to

Only half a blue sky

Kinda there, but not quite

Walkin around with just one shoe

I'm half a heart without you

I'm half a man, at best

With half an arrow in my chest

I miss everything we do

I'm half a heart without you"

Then Zayn did his amazing singy thing that he does oh-so-well and Harry ended the song. The guys ended at the base of the stage and I clapped and cheered like all the fans around me. Then they were gone. They had vanished from the stage and I turned to Dani.

"That's what you've been up to?" I raised my eyebrows at her.