Chapter Twenty-Nine

Reagan's POV

The show was coming to a close after they sang Through The Dark and Strong. There were only a few more songs they were going to sing and the guys were sweating like crazy. I let out a few laughs and smiles through the concert, but literally hid behind Ella when the guys came down the walk. I didn't do a very good job thought because during Strong, Zayn and Harry looked over at me and smiled really big. I smiled and waved a little bit as the fans around me jumped and screamed for attention.

I started to notice that Niall wasn't his usual self, but he was doing a good job of hiding it. Whenever he saw an enthusiastic fan he would beam, but when he walked out on the walk and I mustered a smile at him, he looked really sad.

The guys went off stage for a small break and I turned to Dani, Ella, and Emily.

"Did Niall look sad to you?" I asked pulling out my phone.

"Yea, he didn't seem like himself today," Dani said, her eyebrows knitting together.

"What do you think happened?" Emily asked looking concerned like she had known him for years.

"I think I might know..." I said quietly, remembering my conversation with Lilian.

"What is it?" Ella asked getting closer to hear me.

"Lilian said she talked to Niall and he was just being pretty rude to her," I frowned, "He wouldn't do that unless he really had to, he quite liked her."

"Rea," Dani started then paused, "Do you think it's the same thing that happened with Liam?" Dani asked cautiously.

I clenched my jaw at Liam's name. He was a jerk to me after making me think he liked me and he's why I left London. It's the first time I said it bluntly. Liam was the reason I left London, but once I said it I realized that Simon was actually the reason. Liam told me that Simon made him end things and I'm still not sure what to think about it. Weather to believe him or not.

"Maybe," I started, "Maybe Simon told Niall also. Maybe he didn't want to. Niall likes Lilian," a small smile creeping onto my lips. My fingers fumbled with my phone.

"Maybe Liam was telling the truth," Emily smiled as she said it and I pursed my lips and looked over at her. I began biting the inside of my lip like I do when I'm nervous or anxious.

"Just call him already," Ella and Dani said in unison.

Pulling up my contacts, I tapped on Niall's name and held my phone up to my ear. It kept ringing and ringing and ringing and I started getting impatient. They had to be backstage by now and they know I'm an impatient person. The ringing finally stopped and his voice-mail picked up as I rolled my eyes.

Beep.

I was silent for a second before mustering up the courage to say something, "Niall... I know your there... I just wanted to make sure you were... Okay," I cleared my throat, "Call me back if you want."

Sarah's POV

Lotte, Eleanor and I got backstage a couple minutes before the guys. Sophia said she wasn't feeling well and she went back to the hotel. We had no problems with that.

We flopped down on the couch and pulled out our phones. As I tapped on my Instagram, I heard a faint noise. It sounded like a beep. And then there was talking. An American accent. I stood up and followed the voice.

My journey ended at Niall's phone resting on the table. I listened to the message finish because I didn't dare to answer.

"-you were... Okay. Call me back if you want."