25) Engine of the Ark

Optimus and a few others Autobots rolled out. Imcendium had stayed, as she promised. The training was intense and exhausting. Her arms shook from the heaviness of the bow. The arrows flew to her command like Que described. Yet he failed to warn her of how difficult it was to control the accuracy of the aim. She missed a soldier by an inch from his face. It wasn't until Optimus and the others arrived, settling into their stations.

"All arriving Autobots in car, training resumes in fifteen minutes." The announcer ordered. "Dino report to bay twenty three. Sideswipe, bay thirty seven for weapons assessment." Incendium watched Will arrive on a motorcycle, he nodded at her as she returned the gesture.

"Senator, I suggest you remember that when the NSA was funding they called me. When the CIA's gonna take out a target, they ask first for my permission." Director Mearing informed. "And when the president wants to know which man is convicted politically invulnerable in terms of, oh let's say, undiscovered criminal conduct, I'm the number he dials."

"U.S Agents say that they're monitoring the blast, but if in fact it was a covert military strike, no nation has yet to see."

"CIA is up my ass about this mystery raid in the Middle East, so its time to come clean, was the unit involved?" Director Mearing asked Will.

"Uhh, I'm not sure, ma'am." Will responded. Incendium snorted as she continued her training.

"As director of national intelligence, I'm a really big fan of intelligent answers." She growled at Will.

"I can't really tell you definitely
, these Autobots are like teenage kids. They like to sneak out of the house whenever."

"Colonel Lennox, are you in command or are you not?"

"Yes, I am, Ma'am."

"Stop with the ma'am, enough with the ma'am, do I look like a ma'am?"

"No ma'am, y-yes ma'am." Will stuttered.

"This gun is a perfect invention Ironhide!" Que commented loudly.

"Right."

"Oh! Good, you're here! My name's Que, I do hope you have answers for him. I've never seen him so upset!" Incendium craned her neck cables to see Optimus still in his vehicular mode.

"Optimus you remember Charlotte Mearing?" Will asked. There came no response. "The director of national intelligence?"

"He's in a bad mood. He's not talk to anybody today." Dino warned.

"So what is this? The silent treatment?"

"We've seen that, and this is not that. This is worse. Prime, make something of yourself!" The truck groaned as parts shifted around.

"He's pissed."

"You lied to us. Everything humans know of our planet we were told it been shared. So why was this found in human possession?" Optimus demanded. Incendium began to walk towards them, as the soldiers ceased to train.

"We were in the dark on this also." Director Mearing defended. "It was director only clearances, sector seven until now. The bag." She ordered.

"Which bag?"

"Hermès Birkin, green ostrich." She said through gritted teeth. "This is a secret only a few men know. And few are still remain alive. Allow me to please introduce to you, two of NASA's founding mission directors and astronaut doctor Buzz Aldrin. One of the first two men to step foot on the moon." She approached to greet them. Incendium stood by Ironhide, scanning each of the men.

"Sir, Optimus Prime." She introduced.

"From fellow space traveler to another, it is a true honor to meet you."

"The honor is mine."

"Our entire space race of the 1960s, it appears, was in response to an event." Director Mearing began.

"Our astronauts investigated a crashed alien ship. No survivors on board."

"We were sworn to secrecy, by our commander in chief."

"A total of thirty five people knew the real plan at NASA."

"Some of us managed to land unmanned probes. Somehow they must've picked up that fuel rocket."

"We believe the Russians deduced that the rock was a fission of a fuel assembly, believed they had it mastered and tried to harness it at Chernobyl."

"Within six missions in all, we took hundreds of photos and samples. We locked them away forever. And the moon program was shut down."

"Where did you search the crash vault?" Ironhide questioned. The men and Director Mearing grew silent.

"The ship's name was the Ark. I watched it escape Cybertron myself. It was carrying an Autobot technology which would've won us the war. And it's Captain." Optimus explained.

"Who is it's Captain?"

"The great Sentinel Prime, the technologies' inventor. He was commander of the Autobots, before me. It's imperative that I find it before the Decepticons learn of its location. Our Autobot spacecraft has the ability to get there. And you must pray it's in time." Optimus walked away from Director Mearing and made his way towards Incendium.

"Who do you plan on bringing?" She asked.

"I haven't decided. I will need someone with medicinal skills."

"That zeroes in on one Autobot, Ratchet."