1) Naval Ashes

Such a peaceful atmosphere was disturbed by enemy ship. Captain Incendium grunted as another blast caused the boat to careen. Another one missed and sunk into the ocean, but the saltwater crashed onboard. A blow from her ship fired directly towards the enemy and she grinned when hearing the roar of distress.

"SEND IN THE AIR FORCE!"

"Yes ma'am!" A crewman obeyed. He slipped due to the wet flooring but quickly recovered in hopes that Captain Incendium hadn't seen his embarrassing imbalance. Within seconds, the engines of jets tearing through the sky satisfied Incendium.

"Captain, and unknown aircraft seems to be approaching the enemy ship."

"Are they an ally?"

"Not that we know of."

"Perhaps our backup."

"Ma'am, we didn't call for any."

"Thank you, Lieutenant Harper. Call back the Air Force."

"Yes ma'am!" After the Lieutenant skipped away, Incendium kept a close eye on the ominous chopper. It didn't show any signs of threat. Or so she thought. Immediately after Lieutenant Harper returned, the chopper started firing at the jets that attempted to escape. Then it shot down the enemy ship, as it erupted into nothing but smoke and flame. Incendium strutted directly towards the control center and everyone stood to salute her and the lieutenant. Once she reached the front of the vessel, a missile headed straight for them.

"GET DOWN!" Incendium warned. She then turned the ship as the hull groaned. The missile barreled past and everyone let out a sigh of relief. "The trouble is far from over." The Captain informed. Such aircraft reached the ship within milliseconds, everyone leaned in to see what it would do. The helicopter's engine shut off, but pieces began to move, building something taller and bigger.

"What the hell....." Lieutenant Harper mumbled. There, on the hull of the ship, stood a robotic alien that transformed from a mere helicopter.

"Contact the Pentagon!" Incendium shouted. Nobody could move, they were all too petrified, staring straight at the thing before them. "NOW!" Somebody fumbled for the phone, but as they reached to dial to call in help, the robot fired a missile. There were screams that filled the air, yet the fire consumed them all. All but one.

"Why do you work for them?" It spoke. Incendium's eyes flared. "You are one of us, yet you help such weaklings? Those fiery eyes of yours prove my statement."

"I don't know what you're saying. But I'm not one of you."

"So be it." The unfamiliar sensation of loss and frustration filled Incendium as her ship was torn to pieces. The raging ocean devoured Incendium and the light in her eyes went out.

A/N: hey guys! Sorry, I keep deleting and rewriting this book, I'm really sorry

A/N: hey guys! Sorry, I keep deleting and rewriting this book, I'm really sorry. It's just, I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas :P the previous book was easy but it wasn't exactly "successful"

If you want to check it out, it's called A Change in Nature

Also, let me just give a special shoutout to Mulan-Fa for being amazing. She made so many covers for me, she deserves a lot of love and support!

Peace out!