23) Flight into a Hurricane

The team of Autobots including Incendium drove into another airplane. Will followed in after, chuckling as Incendium groaned.

"I know, we're just moving to Washington D.C. I don't know whether it's temporary or permanent. Get comfortable." He advised. Incendium parked the car, increasing the heat inside the vehicle. She hissed in relief as Optimus also sat beside her.

"Have you ever visited your Capitol?" He asked.

"I haven't had the chance. Why? Nervous about the city?" Incendium tilted to the side mirror to catch a better glimpse of Optimus.

"Perhaps. There are millions of people on every corner. If something were to happen in such locations.....I can only imagine the casualties."

"We do our best to protect. Though every life matters, it's the amount of people we're able to save. For someone with a name close to 'optimistic' you sure are dubious." Incendium joked. Optimus remained silent and she caught Will about to burst out laughing.

"Thank you. However I am curious about one thing, why did you choose to be in the navy?"

"That is an interesting question....I'm honestly unsure. At first, I wanted to go into the Airforce, but my friend's dad who was in the Airforce said it was dangerous, I never liked heights anyways. Next, I wanted to do something with space. Maybe an Astronomer, but I honestly didn't have a passion for that kind of thing. I think I just wanted to get away. Will was the first to suggest the military, but I didn't think it was the right path for me." She explained.

"Oh, understood." The airplane hobbled, jerking sideways as Will slammed into Epps.

"Jesus." Will mumbled. "That's some rough turbulence. I swear to God, if we need to bail out again I'm going to jump out without my parachute." There was another wobble, as Will and Epps slammed into Incendium's passenger door. Quickly, she opened the door for the backseat, and the two hustled inside.

"Man, I've always wanted a Maserati." Epps mentioned. "I got to say, you guys got style." Incendium beeped words of gratitude through the radio. Soon enough, Epps and Will dozed into sleep as Incendium stayed wide awake. The entire airplane fell silent, only the roaring of engines and winds passing by filled such silence.

"Incendium, are you still conscious?" Optimus asked.

"Unfortunately." She sighed. "I was hoping that becoming a sentient being would take away my insomnia. But perhaps my wish was too great."

"I understand. I have never been able to find time to rest in my entire life." Optimus pointed out. "Have you ever been in a city?"

"Of course, New York City. Once. And Reykjavik. I originally came from Iceland, but my mom wanted a better future for us after.....my father left." Incendium began. "It was also my first time on a ship. We arrived at New York, but we had no vehicle at that time. So we walked. All day and all night. Obviously New York City was big and we had to ask around. We met some foreign exchange students from Iceland, they gave us the directions to New Jersey."

"May I ask how old you were?"

"Yeah, I was six." Incendium replied. "I remember asking myself how big the U.S. was. I've been used to Iceland, but their city was more condensed. My mother and I had so many memories together. But of course, she didn't like me being in the navy. She didn't like Will either."

"So, we parted ways. I haven't seen her since."

"My apologies." Optimus spoke softly.

"It's not your fault. My life was just a hurricane."

Wow, I haven't been updating

Wow, I haven't been updating. But here's a chapter, like I promised! I've been really busy and I don't know why. High school is crushing me down and I have a lot of events coming up! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Peace out!