8) Dam, That's Big

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Incendium groaned as she searched through her closet

Incendium groaned as she searched through her closet. Finally finding the package she waddled to the bathroom in exhaustion. "I hate this." She growled. When the doorbell to her apartment rang, Incendium slammed the entryway open to see Will standing impatiently.

"You ready?" He asks.

"No." She grumbled.

"Must be that time of year. Luckily, I came prepared." Will chuckled. He pulled out a chocolate bar, handing it to Incendium. "Eat it, you'll feel better."

"Thanks." She mumbled. Ripping the wrapping apart. "Why did it have to start today?"

"Your body must hate you."

"It must." Incendium agreed. Will stood by the doorway as he watched her dash around in her apartment, mumbling to herself. Once she was finally in her naval uniform, Incendium finished the rest of her chocolate. "Thank you, Will, you are a life saver."

"Of course I am." Will winked. "So about yesterday night, who was he? Don't even bother telling me 'friend.'"

"God I can never keep a secret from you, can I?"

"Nope."

"He was someone I met last night while visiting Mikaela. I met four other men, but they didn't seem to favor me because my red eyes creeped them out." Incendium claimed. It wasn't the truth but it wasn't a lie either.

"Are you sure Mikaela didn't lead you into a strip club?" Will asked.

"Lennox!" Incendium scolded. "It definitely was not a strip club!"

"We'll talk on the way there, we should be heading out due to Colonel Sharp's instructions." Will grinned. The two climbed into Will's car, since Incendium's vehicle was still back at the alleyway.

"We're going to be on a helicopter from here." Will informed. "You don't have a problem with heights or flying, right?"

"Can't remember, but we'll have to see." Incendium stared at the helicopter. Vivid memories of her ship being torn to pieces flashed back in.

"Captain Haugen." Colonel Sharp nodded in respect. "It's a pleasure meeting you."

"As to you, Colonel." Incendium smiled. "Why the urgent timing?"

"There are matters that you should acknowledge." He began. "The government isn't telling you everything you should know. Two human civilians were involved in matters that went out of hand."

"I will explain everything once we arrive at the Dam." He added in. Incendium and Will climbed in as Colonel Sharp followed in after. The helicopter was slowly lifted into the air, Incendium gripped tightly as she glanced at the ground growing smaller and smaller.

"What do you know about aliens?" The Colonel finally blurted.

"Pardon?" Will asked. "Aliens? Like the horror and action movie of galactic species wanting to conquer earth?"

"Eh, not that kind of alien."

"What do they look like?" Will asked.

"Massive beings that disguise themselves in different machines."

"If they're huge, why haven't we seen them?" Incendium interjected.

"Good question, Captain Incendium. They have the ability to disguise themselves into modern day technology, which makes it harder to keep track." Colonel Sharp exhaled. "Sadly, I do not know why you have been summoned to the Dam. When you arrive at the Dam, you are to find Agent Simmons. Incendium will know who it is."

"I will?"

"You've met him, last night."

"Oh gods, him?" Incendium clarified. She groaned as let out a frustrated grunt when her stomach ached. "Great, I feel like I'm being stabbed."

"More chocolate?" Will offered. "Honestly, I'm going to run out at this rate." The helicopter lurched as it descended inch by inch. "Oh thank gods to land." The two quickly exited the helicopter, studying the scenery before them.

"I've always wanted to see the Hoover Dam."

"You've never seen it?"

"I was too busy."

"Wow." Will sighed. "I'm disappointed in you, Incendium." He claimed teasingly.

"Hush."

"Let's go, we need to find Agent Simmons."

"Gods no."

"C'mon." Will dragged Incendium from the view. "What does he look like?"

"Curly hair. Annoying face." She described.

"Oh yeah, that's helping." Will and Incendium stood, scanning the entire background for Agent Simmons. While they were doing so, Incendium gathered her hair, tying it tightly.

"Found him." Incendium announced. They strutted over in front of Agent Simmons, who grinned at her presence. Before he could say something, she grabbed his leather jacket, pulling him towards her face.

"Where are they?" She demanded.

"Captain Haugen–" Will began.

"I don't know who you're talking  about." Agent Simmons grinned.

"You lying–"

"Incendium Haugen!" Will shouted. "Let's sort things out in a civil manner." He convinced. Incendium released Agent Simmons from her grip.

"Besides, the two civilians are right there." Will beckoned directly at Sam and Mikaela making their way towards Agent Simmons. Incendium pushed Simmons away, glaring at him intensely.