Chapter 2

Finally, I was at lunch. See lunch for me is like a hang out/relief session. It's the only time I can actually breath, especially today after that Barbie incident. God, she just jerks my gears, I'll tell you. She just- wait.. Why do I care? Could I actually like Kevin? No, there's no possible way. Or is there? No, I refuse to think in that manner. Kevin and Jessica are clearly dating, unless she's just a slut. Nah. Well, maybe. Anyway, I sat with my two best friends, Grace and Maggie. Those two are my ride or dies, enough said. "What's up with you Abby?" Maggie asked. "Nothing. Why would you say that, is it obvious?", I questioned. "Well that just answered our question", Grace joked. "Well, spill the beans", Maggie demanded, Grace and I just stared at her confusedly. "Ok,ok. I ran into this guy-", "Guy?!", Grace interrupted. "Yeah, and I don't know why but keep thinking about him and his tender voice, perfect face, soft and smooth hands, and just everything." As I looked up smiling, Grace and Maggie were staring at me as if I just spoke German. And then laughed, hard. I felt embarrassed, even in front of them. See, Maggie and Grace are single- of course. No offense, but they don't take some proportions seriously, but when they do, they take situations to the extreme. So, I really don't necessary enjoy having these conversations with them. But, it's so rare that I talk about this topic anyway. I mean I'm so independent. "Never mind", I spoke softly. "Ok then", they both said slowly. Why do I care about this guy, I barely know him? This is the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced. I mean I'm not the wisest nut, but this I really, honestly don't understand.