Chapter 7

I quickly walk away from the hilarious crime. I can't help but laugh. I don't look back. I speed to home room, making sure Jessica isn't following me. Not looking where I was going into home room, I bump into Daniel at the door. "Oh, sorry." I say. He stares at me and I get lost in his beautiful eyes.. I fade away as Daniel turns away, walking towards the back of the room. I turn my head and happen to see Kevin sitting in the first row. I take the seat behind him, glancing at his Burnett, straight short hair. That's all I could see. The teacher takes roll, I hate roll because I have to speak aloud.. To people. All the quiet kids, like me, quietly announce "here", while all the popular people make jokes of it, and expects to receive many laughs, which of course is delivered. "John Smith", that's a boring name.. No offense. I always comment in my head of peoples names. "Carter Larson", ehh, it's ok. "Mariah Dune", ha. "Kevin Johnson" perfect. "Abby Walker"' lame. I mean "HERE." I totally make it seem normal. "Daniel Reynolds", nice. He says nothing. Everybody turns and stares at him. He try's to cover up his face with his sleeve. Everyone waits patiently, but no reply. The teacher says "Daniel Reynolds, answer." I get mad, because if you ask if he's here, and you see him, why should he have to answer? "Answer mister. That's so disrespectful." The teacher blabbers. I want to throw my binder at her. That'd be quite hilarious actually. The thought makes me grin. I face Daniel again, as everyone else is. "Young man, this is not natural, very rude, and you may get a referral." Are you fucking serious? God, I hate these teachers here. They're so uptight. "Three seconds sir.." Still no answer, but a red face. "1..2...". "Present.." Daniel announces softly. "You are present for what Mr. Reynolds?" Daniel deadly stares at the teacher wanted to severely hurt her. "I, Ms. Jackson, am present for this joyful, amusing, and delightful class." He speaks. I'm shocked, that's more he's ever spoken. The class laughs, including myself. What a smart ass. I laugh in my head at the remark. "Watch the sarcasm Daniel." The teacher looks down and continues roll, as the class returns to it's normal being, which is not looking at Daniel. But I remain staring at him. He doesn't notice. Now that I actually can observe his face, for the first time, Daniel is actually very attractive, holy god. Wow, I never noticed any of his good looks before. He jerks his face towards my way, and I look away, and realize Kevin is staring at me. "Hey." Kevin says smoothly. "Hi." I try to speak correctly. I guess it's free time. "What's up?" He asks. "Umm, nothing. The morning just started." He laughs, so I climb into laughter with him, which I don't understand why he's chuckling, but I play along. "I saw that little incident this morning, with Jessica." My smile slowly masks to a straight mouth.

"And can I say, that, that was the best thing I've ever witnessed with Jessica." He laughs more. "Oh, well it was an accident, but it was quite funny." I finally talk normally. It gets quiet, and he looks at me, as I look into his deep brown eyes. "You know, I like you Abby. You're funny!" I thought he meant like as in "like like". "Oh, ok. Thanks. You're funny too. But can I ask you something?" I ask. "Shoot." Kevin demands. "If you find it hilarious that when something bad happens to Jessica, then why are you dating?" I almost pee my pants because that's the most I've said to someone.. Ever. "We're not dating. We used to, a few months ago, but I found her cheating on me, so I dumped her. Jessica still wants to be together, but I don't seem to want her. She makes it look like we're dating from the kisses and stuff, which is annoying as hell, but there's no spark anymore." My relief goes down a few notches, and I get excited. "Aww, that's too bad." As I say turning around throwing my fists in the air. I hope he didn't see that.. The bell rings and I watch as Kevin gets up waves bye to me, and I didn't do anything besides stare. Ugh, why do I do that.