Chapter 11

The bell rings just after I finish reading Daniel's lyrics. I can't sit here and wait for him to return to class, otherwise I'll be late for next period, and god trust me, I CAN'T be late for that class. Take my words for it. I wait a few moments, but then quickly stand up and fold the notebook paper and put it in my back pocket, and scurry to class.

Finally, I'm home. Today seemed like the first day of my life, from speaking, drawing attention to myself, and standing up for once. Wow. I'm still shocked I actually committed those actions. It feels great, honestly. I plug my phone in my speaker, as always, and go into the shower. I come out with a towel on my head, and towel around my body, carrying my dirty clothes from school. I dig into my pants and hoodie pockets to assure there's nothing in them. I feel a paper in my back pants pocket, and pull it out. It's Daniel's lyrics. I sit in my rocking chair and re-read the lyrics several times, and every time they mean much more than they happen to before. I carefully place the paper on my dresser, turn the music off, and change into my pjs, leaving my hair wet and messy. I lay on my cozy soft bed, and dig my way into the warm sheets, thinking of Daniel's lyrics, and how deep they are and actually contains a moral, and slowly my thoughts fade as I drift into slumber.