Chapter 50

I felt as if I were a couch potato, I think while yawning and stretching my arms and legs, waking up to morning light shining on my pale face. The sun's bright, luminous lights trigger my eyes to squint, so I peek down under what's now blocking the rays.
I repeatedly blink, assuring that Dan's the object on my couch blocking the harmful light, right next to me. How our positions are, we appeared to be gracefully cuddling with each other, intentionally.
I don't mind.
I lay my head back down next to his soundless one, and wide-eye stare directly at Dan's face, without blinking for minutes. I look upon his aspects that make Dan who he is physically. I look at his ginger-blond wavy hair, flat pink lips, button nose, and wait for his eyes to open so I can escape reality in his beautiful deep blue eyes.
I simply want to touch his peaceful face, but despite my eager temptations, I decline. I want Dan to wake up, but I'm not going to be the one to disrupt his night visions.
I propose I should more thank likely hop into the shower before Dan awakens and has the chance to smell my horrid scent much more.
So, I do.
Quickly, I tiptoe upstairs and turn on a soothing, warm shower and run my body under the water, letting everything mournful, relieve. I wash my hair, body, and scrub the dirt out from under my fingernails.
I'm in and out of the shower at about fifteen minutes or less. I pace around my bedroom trying to find more clothes. I grab almost the exact same outfit from last night, the only difference is that that the t-shirt was from Florida, and black yoga pants instead of grey. I skip the hair brushing and instead brush my teeth.
Finally, my morning struggle is over.
I step quietly downstairs and into the living room, onto the couch, where Dan is not.
Where'd he go?
As soon as I rhetorically ask myself that, I hear faded footsteps behind me.
"Good morning Aja." Dan says while yawning.
"Good morning Dan," I simply reply.
"I had to use the restroom, incase you were looking for me," Dan says properly.
"Oh, okay. I thought you left," I jokingly remark.
"I would never leave you Aja," Dan states.
Never?
Never seems too long.
Avoiding his statement, I change the subject, "So, do you want some breakfast Dan?"
"Only if there's cereal," Dan non jokingly says.
I smilingly laugh, and direct him to follow me to the heavenly kitchen. Instantly I walk towards the cabinet and yank out cinnamon cereal and place it in front of Dan's eager and joyful face. He grabs the gallon of milk from the fridge. I go to pull down a bowl from another cabinet, but quite frankly, I'm too short, despite my help from tippy toes.
"I'll get that," Dan giggles, while reaching down the bowl I struggle to get, without using his accompany of tippy toes.
I watch as his large mass of a body hover over mine.
Dan lays the bowl on the kitchen counter and goes to search for a spoon, while I aim for pouring the cereal into the bowl.
Just as my small hand touches the cereal box, it runs into Dan's long one, just like in the cheesy movies when two peoples hands hit each other in a bucket of popcorn.
Dan and I slowly tilt our bashful heads towards each other, and seem to get lost in one another's meaningful eyes.
"I got it Aja," Dan announces.
I gently let go of the box and step back a few feet away and watch as Dan dumps his food into the bowl.
"Aren't you going to eat?" Dan questions.
"I'm not very hungry, I'll eat later." I answer, snapping out of the scenario.
I soon help Dan put back the cereal and milk as we make our way to the comfortable couch.
"How about we find a movie this time?" I sarcastically ask.
Dan nods his head in agreement while taking a bite of his well-made food.
I travel the variety of channels until we reach our conclusion of a somewhat horror movie. Horror movies are 'okay', I mean I'm not the type of person to always watch one when opportunity knocks, nor is Dan.
This movie is completely gruesome and it's only been ten short minutes. Every few minutes there is one person being slaughtered by the unknown killer, the only difference is everyone gets murdered with a different tool. Like one boy was stabbed by a knife, while the other male was sawed in half by a chainsaw, then a girl got a screw driver thrown at her, directly hitting in the eye, and so forth. I wouldn't be surprised if someone was killed with a metal spoon. I mean honestly, this film isn't considered "scary" in my eyes. All the characters choose the obvious hiding spots the masked murderer would trail to. Seriously though, I've seen like two cars so far they could've taken.
All of a sudden there was a girl who backed into the killer and was thrown over 'his' shoulder into the darkness.
I laugh theatrically as I hear Dan's laughter rise with mine at the exact same moment.
We both look at each other and laugh even harder than the first time.