Chapter 44

//Camera Snap\\

I suddenly flash open my tired eyes. My eyes take a few moments before I can clearly see, due to a bright light triggering them. Once they adjust, my smiling mother stares in front of the hospital bed on which Dan and I are laying upon, holding a small camera.
"Really Mom?" I ask while sitting up.
"You guys just looked adorable!"
I growl towards her and wait for Dan to stop stretching and yawning.
"Good morning Aja." Dan says sweetly.
"Aja? You don't even let me call you that !" My mother states.
I shrug my bruised shoulders.
"Anyways, ABBY, good news!" Mom announces anxiously.
"Which is ?" I curiously wonder.
"The doctors are releasing you in two today's instead of five, they said your injuries are healing quicker then they interpreted." She answers.
Dan and I both gasp in excitement.
"That's great Aja !" Dan states while laughing.
I begin thinking of a million reasons on why my body healed so quickly, I mean for Christ sakes, I got hit by a car..
"Wait what day is it?" I snap all of a sudden.
"The twenty first of October, Tuesday. Why?" Mom questions.
"Dan, shouldn't you be in school?" I quickly ask? Ignoring my mothers question.
"Umm, about that-" Dan cuts off and jerks his head, suggesting to my mom to leave, but she refuses, "Well," he continues, "I actually got suspended."
My mother's face becomes worried and suddenly asks, "What the hell for?"
He takes a few seconds to answer. "Violence." Dan quickly states.
That shut my mother up, as she carefully scoots away from Dan and more towards me, acting melodramatic.
I don't question why, I know exactly what the answer is, as I slowly move my eyes down towards his swollen hand.