Chapter 43

I wake up to screams.

My eyes quickly burst open as I flinch around the hospital bed and search for something to hold on to, when I suddenly feel the grasping of someone grabbing my arm tightly, snapping out of my twitches; Dan.
His bold pupil eyes stare at me with the "worried" and "scared" facial expression as I then realize I was the one committing the horrid screams, waking Dan from slumber on the small chair.
"Are you okay, Aja?" Dan asks, sounding concern.
"Yeah, nightmare I guess." I answer while whipping my sweaty brow.
I look around the room and notice my mother still not back from work and that the outside window is filled with bright stars and a crescent white moon.
Dan nods his head as I finish answering, and tries to carefully step back to the chair on which he sleeps on, through the dark, when I then feel terrified and begin shaking constantly. Without hesitation, I yank his long hand, making him turn towards me in curiosity.
"Dan, will you lay with me?"
As soon as I ask, Dan smirks widely and makes his path to me.
I scoot over to the other side of the hospital bed, making enough room for Dan, who seems to get comfortable fast, due to a bed being a lot more comforting than a small chair.
I face away from Dan and try to failingly hope to regain warmth and comfort as I ask myself; What was I dreaming of that made me afraid?
I gently shut my tired eyes and think about my question, when just then I alarmingly feel Dan's warmed leathered arm wrap around me, making my comfort zone increase.
Oddly enough, this feels right.
I then scoot back towards Dan's chest, nestling against his body, not facing him.
Dan truly feels as if he's a dream catcher, and I feel like as long as he's here with me, my nightmares are worthless and weak.