Chapter 38

*BEEP BEEP*

I quickly slap my alarm clock sounding loudly and fiercely jump out of my warm bed.

I spent my Sunday thinking. Just thinking. About Kevin. And how I feel.

Today's the day. The day that I'm possibly going to admit to Kevin that I actually may 'love him'.

~

I don't spend much time getting dressed, I attend my usual style such as the hair down due, black hoodie, dark pants, and slip on my converse. Then do the normal perks for school like; brushing teeth, deodorant, perfume, etc.

Without hesitation, I tuck my fully charged phone in my front pocket, don't grab my binder, then rush down the stairs making my journey to the school bus, grabbing an apple off the counter.

~

I reach my abandoned bus stop and stand like a statue as I stare around, noticing the dark, droopy black clouds up above. It's definitely going to pour harshly upon us all. I give it a half hour, tops. I love rain.

A few minutes fly by and eventually the slowly speeding school bus arrives first class in front of me, opening the squeaky doors. I quickly hop in and steal my seat in the very back, of course feeling anxious but at the exact same time severely nervous with butterflies fluttering about my stomach, breaking down my insides like acid.

My leg suddenly shakes continuously as I chomp down my short fingernails and look out the foggy bus window, realizing I have an apple I can chomp instead.

Abby, calm down. It's just two simple yet serious and powerful words. Everyone says it. But, do they mean it? Stop.

I shut my tired gentle eyes as I drift away from my nervous thoughts pondering my head. I'm actually quite exhausted, I woke up pretty early and barely got any soundless sleep last night. You know thinking requires a lot more work than I interpreted.

Should I be telling Kevin how I feel now? Or wait? I wish I had all the answers, or just someone to tell me what to do. I've never done this before.

~

Surprising, the bus arrives at school quickly, probably because the bus driver sped, not wanting to drive in the hard rain about to pour.

I carefully step out of the yellow bus and find the nearest garbage can for my apple core that needs to be disposed of.

I spot one on the corner of my eye and fastly toss the remaining of the apple into the trash and make my way to home room.

~

I try yanking the home room door open but it won't budge, so I slowly peek my confused head into the classroom window which is pitch black, meaning there's no one there, meaning I'm a lot earlier than I thought. With that said, I slid my phone out reading the clear time of; 8:37 am. School doesn't start till about 9.

What the hell bus driver?

This school looks like an apocalypse occurred and I'm the only one that survived.

So, I quickly text Kevin asking if he's already at school, most likely not, but I'll question just to be positive.

I hopelessly slide down the home room door and wait for a simple reply.

Minutes pass and suddenly I receive a message, of course from Kevin answering; Actually yes. Come in the Cafe, everyone's in here cause there's a storm coming.

That makes some what sense. I reply to Kevin's response stating; Kevin, I have something to tell you.

Then, I slowly stand up tucking my phone back into my small pocket, adventuring to the Cafeteria.