Chapter 36

"Abby are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine Kevin." I answer, whipping my tear.

"Okay, well how about I skip the snack and we go out and eat?" Kevin asks.

I nod my head and make my way towards the front door, avoiding Marcus who's not on the couch anymore.

"Dad, we're leaving. I'll be home soon." Kevin yells to his father, where ever he is.

I quickly open the front door and speed to Kevin's convertible, open then slam the door closed, and fasten my seat belt, not looking back at the mansion that contains Marcus.

~

Kevin and I pull up to a overly fancy restaurant, one with gourmet food, that's definitely not my style.

Kevin hops out of the car and like a gentleman, opens my door, holding my hand to help me out, then carefully opens the restaurant main entrance door.

"How many?" The host asks.

Kevin hold up 2 fingers as the host journeys us to a table and hands us our menus.

"What'd you like to drink?" The attractive man host asks.

"I'll have a diet coke please." Kevin answers.

"And for you beautiful?" The host with the name tag; 'Max', wonders.

"I'll have a lemonade please." I reply.

"Coming right up." Max says, then winks at me.

I smile at Max's actions. I've never been hit on before like that.

Kevin stares at Max as he walks away and delivers some sort of growl. Someone's jealous.

It's in a girls nature to think this but, actually, Max is much more attractive than Kevin. Max has brunette hair, a tan that makes his blue eyes luminous, about six foot, and just everything is clearly attractive. I was hit on by a hot as hell guy. Well hey, there's a first for everything.

"Here we are," Max says, landing our drinks on the coasters softly,

"Okay, have we decided on what we're eating?"

"I'm having the grilled chicken with the Mexican rice." Kevin states rudely. I watch as Max writes the order down on his notepad and looks up towards me, waiting for my answer.

"I'll have the steak with the grilled corn, please." I say sweetly.

"How'd you like your steak?" Max asks.

"Medium rare." I answer.

Max nods and writes my order then picks up our menus. He grabs Kevin's first then mine, but when Max grabs my menu he slowly touches my hand, delivers a flirting smile, then walks away.

This time Kevin slams his fists down on the table instead of growl. I find it quite hilarious how Kevin is the jealous type. So, I'm going to play along and pretend like I'm interested in Max, this should be fun.

Kevin and I sit in complete silence until Max arrives with the delicious scented food.

"And, walla !" Max sarcastically announces while setting the plates down.

"Thank you !" I say anxiously.

"No problem sweet heart !" Max states charmingly.

Suddenly, Max comes behind me and places a napkin on my lap, then slowly pushes my chair in.

As Max walks away he turns and delivers me the most attractive smile someone could receive, which makes me melt inside and out. Max has to be honestly the most attractive male specimen living.

I look back at Kevin, who's face is redder than blood and eyes popping out of its sockets, and I just smirk and dig into the appetizing food.

"Something bothering you?" I finally choke up without a laugh.

"Nope." Kevin admits through a shaking voice.

~

We finish our lunch soon after and Max quickly skips to our table, picking up all the dirty empty plates and taking them to the back for washing.

Then, he comes back with the check in his hands and hands it to Kevin nicely as Kevin ever so rudely yanks it out of Max's hands. I watch Max's happy smile fade into a 'fuck with me asshole and you'll be on the ground' face.

As Max waits at our table for Kevin to pay, he stands with both hands behind his back and eyes focused on mine with the biggest smile swiped across his beautiful face. I could stare at him all day.

I'm interrupted by Max looking away as he grabs the check from Kevin's hand, then makes his way to the register.

Kevin fastly gets up, gesturing to leave when I ask, "Aren't you going to give Max a tip?"

"Max? The waiter? Hell no." Kevin states harshly.

Kevin walks past me and I slowly get up and make my way towards the door, and pass Max, but I come to a stop and turn back towards him and dig out what's ever in my back pocket. I hand Max a five dollar bill.

"Thank you lovely." Max replies to my nice action.

"No problem." I answer.

Just as I'm about to leave the incredible hunk, he grabs my arm and takes out a pen from his apron and writes ten numbers on a napkin. Max hands me the white napkin and walks away smoothly.

What just happened.

I continue out the door and jump into Kevin's car as he's waiting for me, thank god he didn't see Max give me his number. Shit would've gone down.

I feel Kevin's heat radiating off him as we speed off down the street. I know I shouldn't feel happy but I can't help it, I know that Kevin actually contains compassion for me, unless it's an act.

I check my phone and read the time of; 4:27 pm. The nights still young, I hope we do more activities, unless Kevin's overly pissed.

"Wanna go to the carnival Abby?" Kevin asks. My face lights up and I quickly say, "Yes, yes I do." Joy flows through my entire body; I haven't been to the carnival in years. Last time I went I was like 7 years old. Wow. Time flys.

~

After about twenty minutes or so, we pull up to bright lights filling the sky and my breath is stolen. Las Vegas has the best carnivals ever created.