Chapter 48

"Kevin?" I gasp.
Kevin Johnson stands in front of my door way, with a massive, gushing open bruise with dried blood, but looks as if it were cleaned out. The more I focus on the wound the more detailed the colors and gushes get, and the more I think of how Dan did that with one punch.
"Hi Abby-" Kevin chokes up, "Can I talk to you for a minute?"
I take a few moments to process his presence as I begin shutting the door slowly.
Kevin then blocks the closing with his foot and hand, "Please Abby," Kevin says sympathetically.
What could Kevin have to say to me? If he came here for forgiveness, I can assure him he's not getting one. How could I ever forgive a monster as himself?
Kevin stares at me with his bold pupils and large dull brown eyes as I grow harshly nauseous.
I carefully glance back towards the couch that Dan's sitting on and realize he sits with straight posture and looks very dangerous to be around at this point. His face is stern with heavy breathing and veins popping out of his neck.
"I don't think right now is a good time, Kevin." I state.
Kevin doesn't budge for a moment, but then pushes his way in, not taking 'no' for an answer.
As Kevin enters my house, he shrieks out loud and backs away from Dan, not noticing his appearance. Dan is now standing up, glaring at Kevin.
When Kevin slowly shows slightly more strength, he whispers, "So Abby, can I speak to you in private for a second?"
I hesitantly nod my head in agreement as Kevin leads to the hallway, avoiding Dan.
All of a sudden, I feel something grasp onto my wrist, pulling me back. Kevin and I both come to a stop as I look to see Dan's hand holding on my wrist.
I face away from Kevin and to Dan and grin, then mouth the words, "It's okay." His facial expressions reassure my answer when he then slowly releases his grab, but remains standing.
"Abby, I want to apol-" I cut Kevin off, "Save it Kevin. There's nothing you can say that would ever in my mind allow me to forgive you."
Kevin's head shamefully faces away from mine and in the direction of Dan around the hall, as he contains the sorrow look, but then fades into anger.
"Oh, I get it. You and Reynolds?" Kevin asks with fury.
"It's not like that Kevin, and what I do with myself now has nothing concerning you." I answer.
"Yes, I know that. But, I came here for forgiveness Abby because what I did was wrong. I should've never even got mixed up with Jessica."
I remain silent.
"Abby, listen, I came here to also say, that I want to be with you. I'm sorry for everything I've put you that made you feel terrible inside and out, I would never hurt you like that again. Abby, I love you."
Those three awful words of his trigger deep hatred towards him as I then suddenly slap Kevin hard across the face, making a hallow noise.
"Never say that to me again. I thought I loved you Kevin, but you are just like every other pitiful guy in this world, you are nothing but a lie and that's all you'll ever be to me."
Kevin now stares at me with all eyes, I focus into them, but feel no connection, spark, or a black hole.
With a straight face, I jerk my head away from Kevin's and make my way towards the front door and opening it gracefully, suggesting him to leave.
He glares at me with so much anger and rejection as his face gets bright red. Making his way to the exit, he shoves pass Dan.
Before stepping foot outside, Kevin full of hatred, grunts out, "You two outcasts deserve each other."
Seconds later, Dan then begins walking towards Kevin, as he quickly gasps with his eyes widening and runs petrified out of the house.