Chapter 49

Dan, pretty pleased with him self, steps away from the front door and sits on the couch facing the black screened tv.
I'm shocked. Kevin is a jock while Dan is a shy, mellow person. But, then again he's six foot while Kevin stands about five' ten. Ok
Slowly, I take a seat, this time a cushion away from Dan.
I don't know what to say to him, as I constantly keep glancing over at his serious facial head. I want to thank Dan for everything- defending me when Kevin humiliated me, saving my life in the pouring rain, and just now when he was cautious over me. This moment seems like the perfect opportunity, but I just don't know how.
This exactly explains one reason I disappoint myself; I shelter every thing boiling inside me.
I'm sick of hiding my emotion or feelings when it swipes by. I'm sick of not telling someone or somebody how I truly and deeply feel when I want to most.
With that thought pacing through my accelerated mind, without hesitation or a second thought that would decline me to, I turn over to Dan and pleasingly deliver him a lovable hug.
Dan, as the compassionate person he is, joins my hugging session. He gives me a loose hug, to make me feel comfortable, yet a tight one wrapped around my depression, and confusing anxiety.
This has to be one of the best feelings in the world. Having someone treat you equally when society refused to. Or, having two beautiful eyes locked on you instead of hundreds. Or, having that sense of feel when someone you need in life, you couldn't live without. Or, having somebody in your hopeless life give you a second chance when no one else dreamt of.
So, this is what "belonging" feels like.
I don't want to let go, nor does Dan. Once again, I feel entirely secure and protected. Why can't this moment be eternal?
"Thank you."
"For what?" Dan questions.
"Everything."