Chapter 1

So, yep. First Voltron fanfic. 

Also, I am writing this before season 8 comes out. It will just be what comes out of my head and whatever is in season 8 most likely won't be in this fanfic. Enjoy!

Disclaimer - I do NOT own Voltron Legendary Defender.

Keith Pov

I love kissing Lance. It makes me feel special and loved. I know my mother, Krolia, loved me. And I know Shiro and the rest of the Paladins love me as family. But Lance's love is different. It's filled with passion and a love very different to what my other friends and family could give me. And it's nice. No, not nice. Perfect. It's perfect.

"Keith!" Lance moans as I kiss his neck. His groan is so cute. It clears my head of all my worries and other thoughts. "Keith, stop. I have to go to the presentation with Coran, Allura and Hunk. You know this. And as much as I wish I could, I can't miss it." I laugh as he mumbles something about me always getting to miss presentations and how Pidge never has to go.

Hearing the name of our Green paladin brings back memories, some good, some bad. It was weird. Whenever someone else's name was mentioned like, Zarkon or Lotor, I never got this feeling. It kind of felt like something was missing. I didn't understand it and when I told Lance about it, he just said it was because all of us had a soft spot for our small friend.

Since the final war against the Galra 5 years ago, everyone had gone their separate ways. Lance, Coran, Allura and Hunk had stayed behind near the new Voltron base to help with presentations. There had been so many casualties during the war that some people were still only just getting over them. The presentations were to help the people through their struggles and help keep their spirit alive.

Pidge and her family had moved back into their old house and no one had seen them for months. Hunk and Coran occasionally were called by Matt asking if Pidge was over at the Voltron base, but she never was. Pidge would come down around twice a year for some presentations, but she would mostly keep to herself. Like what she did when we first met her. Matt and Sam often came down to see Shiro and help at the Voltron base. They always reassured us that Pidge was fine and that she just wanted space. Apart from that, we'd heard nothing about the Holt family.

Hunk was also helping Shay get used to Earth and they were practically connected at the hip. Whenever Hunk had to go to these presentations, Shay would come and sit in the front row to watch. Coran was helping at the new Voltron base that we'd built after the war. It was situated near the Garrison so if we needed help it wasn't too far away and looked a lot like the Castle of Lions.

Allura, like Pidge, kept mainly to herself. I would see her from time to time but she mainly helped at the base, the Garrison or just busied herself with other jobs.

"Keith! I have to go!" I let him go with a pout.

"Fine. But when you get home we're picking up from where we left off." Lance laughs and it's sweet. I smile as he heads out my bedroom door to get changed into something less rumpled. Lance and I now shared my house because it was near the Garrison and Lance had to teach there. The teens loved Lance and Lance loved teaching there. I was offered a Job there but I decided to continue working with the Blade. We were rounding up the Galra that decided to continue to revolt and cause mischief. This way, I got to see my mother and Kolivan more often.

I lay back down and stared at the ceiling. Life was so far good. But... I still felt something missing. Something from my heart was missing but I didn't know what. Something that I knew I couldn't live without. I just hoped this small missing part was something easily obtained. Of course, I knew better than to assume it was something small. It never was in my life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there's anything you want me to fix, don't be afraid to leave a comment or ask! 

Just one more thing, I'm sorry if these AN's feel a bit awkward. I'm strange😹

One more thing (I know I said that before but idc) I know I could wait for season 8 but I'm not a patient child😹 Sorry!